A fun description

Oh my, I tried to read this thread while talking with my wife and at least twice in got confused and thought I accidently moved to a different threadā€¦
If a font is readable it doesnā€™t bother me.

We prefer a top load.

My family lovingly refers to me as a beer and coffee snob because Iā€™d rather drink nothing if I canā€™t get quality. Though I never judge somebody elseā€™s taste.

10 Likes

Nothing aginst flat pack. It is just that IKEA is the McDonalds of flat pack.

1 Like

Might be even more nutritious to eat IKEA furnitureā€¦

4 Likes

Whoops! Yeah thatā€™s another point in favor of the top loader - Iā€™m a delicate little flower, but hubs loves to roll around in the mud on weekends. (Mud, grease, grass stains, blood, fish smell, poison ivy sap which he actually passes on to me second hand from handling his laundryā€¦) :confounded:

3 Likes

I noticed that, too. Maybe the transition between ā€˜fontā€™ and ā€˜frontā€™ (as in washing machine) were just too close for comfort.

6 Likes

Well, if you exclusively used Papyrus on the Glowforge, it would solve this problem. Banding in glowforge engraves Papyrus looks like this all the time! :smile:

BTW. I donā€™t mind Papyrus at all in this usage. Donā€™t get me started on all caps Gothic fonts though.

5 Likes

We bought a front loader, and I love itā€¦ but we wipe it down and leave the door open after use. Steam cleaning functions should do away with heavy grime, but almost never get used. Being able to stack the dryer on top was a huge point for us, because of space. It lives on a concrete floor in the garage, and has never wobbled or walked.
I canā€™t stand Papyrus. Overuse aside, I donā€™t like it for one very specific reason: it is a pain to weed it out of vinyl. All those little crinkles. :persevere:

6 Likes

Papyrus is a major pain to weed! Iā€™m with you on that one. I have a customer trying to build a t-shirt brand around some simple sketches and short sayings in Papyrus.

4 Likes

Unfortunately Iā€™m that way about scotch. That can be a VERY expensive bit of snobbery!

6 Likes

Not really proper snobbery unless you hold everyone to your standard.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll take that as a compliment, if somebody truly thought I was a snob Iā€™d feel horrible!:pensive:

4 Likes

I really donā€™t have too many pet peeves about fonts, other than underlined headlines in copy. I go ballistic. It should be removed from computers. Does it have a use any more?

I am that way about coffee, red wine, and beer. And I have given up on American whiskey. Just yesterday I got the green handshake after services. ā€œPadre, buy yourself a good meal and enjoy it on me.ā€ It went to a bottle of Laphroaig and a nice 7 inch Onyx cigar. Two hours of bliss.

9 Likes

Hopefully that Laphroaig lasted for more than 2 hours! :wink:

2 Likes

Moot! Hubs just scared the washing machine into behaving.

Doggone it! :smirk:

4 Likes

more time for you to plot itā€™s replacement.

4 Likes

Most people end up really disliking their front loaders for two main reasons. First is most lock on start so those jeans you forgot can not be added. Second most (here where it gets warm anyway) tend to mold or mildew around the door. That can also be prone to leaks as they age. A lot of top loaders no longer have a full agitator, but the water conservation features tend to make them, take a really long time (both front and top loading).

4 Likes

Weā€™re birds of a feather. Scotch thread anyone?

7 Likes

Thank you so much, @Xabbess! Wait till you hear how I describe how lasers work in my Maker Faire Seattle talk. :wink:

PS:

15 Likes

:scream:

3 Likes

My wife hates it when I do that.

3 Likes