A fun description

Hopefully that Laphroaig lasted for more than 2 hours! :wink:

2 Likes

Moot! Hubs just scared the washing machine into behaving.

Doggone it! :smirk:

4 Likes

more time for you to plot it’s replacement.

4 Likes

Most people end up really disliking their front loaders for two main reasons. First is most lock on start so those jeans you forgot can not be added. Second most (here where it gets warm anyway) tend to mold or mildew around the door. That can also be prone to leaks as they age. A lot of top loaders no longer have a full agitator, but the water conservation features tend to make them, take a really long time (both front and top loading).

4 Likes

We’re birds of a feather. Scotch thread anyone?

7 Likes

Thank you so much, @Xabbess! Wait till you hear how I describe how lasers work in my Maker Faire Seattle talk. :wink:

PS:

15 Likes

:scream:

3 Likes

My wife hates it when I do that.

3 Likes

Ohhhh…in a Pinch.

1 Like

18 year old Chivas and any good stogie :thumbsup:

3 Likes

I’ll skip the cigar, and I’m also more of a bourbon man, but I like a good scotch from time to time.

I’ve been sampling the whiskeys and bourbons of the Pacific Northwest since I moved here. So far I really like Woodinville, but Mischief in Fremont is also very good.

I get to try a 15 year Pappy Van Winkle at my birthday party in a couple weeks!

4 Likes

@Xabbess can I steal this? I want to get this made this weekend.

9 Likes

Love this terminology…and yet another good quote from you. Feeding France with beaten dead horses became an all-time favorite of mine.

7 Likes

@joe…sure, fine with me, as long as the attribution remains. But, be warned…watch out for the font you choose, you could get ‘busted’. :laughing: In fact, if I were you…if you’re getting this printed on something from the Glowforge, I would definitely change this font to something that will be more easily readable.

3 Likes

Ooh, I’ve always wanted to try that!

1 Like

Papyrus or Bust! :wink:

6 Likes

Hey. You are in good company. A local bar and restaurant that opened just last year uses Papyrus for their lettering. It really is a cool font.

7 Likes

Speaking of fonts, can anyone identify this or quite similar for me? I want to make month and year numbers for the grandkids and the daughter likes this.

Pretoria is pretty close, if not exact. Have you ever used a font matching website?
Font Squirrel is pretty good.

There are some sites that also allow for process of elimination in the description of the glyphs. I used one to hunt out a Glowforge font look-alike. It’s bespoke.

5 Likes

Yep… that’s Pretoria Gross

https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/intellecta/pretoria-gross/regular/

6 Likes