A little contest from Averly at Glowforge

Oh that’s beautiful! Is it tiny or, say, the size of a quilt square?

2 Likes

It’s about 6x6". She wanted it to hold her collection of pretty cloth hankies. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is one of my favorites of your creations.

3 Likes

I asked my friend what her daughter would like for her birthday. She said a skyline of Baltimore would be nice. I know she was thinking of a simple line silhouette. I needed more.
I took a file that I purchased and broke it apart creating layers. I added lighting and a 3 layer base.
She loved it!
I made Washington DC and am working on Richmond, VA now.
Baltimore Skyline-Pic
download (1)
download (2)
download (4)
download
download (5)

30 Likes

21 Likes

I have many gifts that I really like, but I think this one required the most effort.

21 Likes

I love it!

Here is my favorite gift I’ve made with the GF! For my sister, who has a love for rabbits, and this was a gift for her new house. Tiles engraved in the GF, frame pieces all cut on GF as well!

And my favorite dinosaur is the spinosaurus!

19 Likes

I had been wanting to make something based off of Hokusai Katsushika’s The Great Wave Off Kanagawa for a long time. I had tried a 3D engrave, but not with much success. :slight_smile: Then Christmas rolled around and I thought of making this layered frame for my sister-in-law, who shares my love for Japanese life and culture.

45 Likes

That’s beautiful! I love it.
I bet @CMadok would also love this!

3 Likes

Wow! Gorgeous, I bet your family were thrilled!

3 Likes

This is so beautiful!

2 Likes

I definitely “won” Christmas that year. And coming up with funny covers for each person was way too much fun. Also, to give credit where credit is due, my daughter did all the art for the covers.

5 Likes

The “Catch Log and Other Lies” is brilliant!

2 Likes

I have got to dust off my Glowforge and get some projects done. So much creativity here. I have the tiles. This is just a good example of a versa"tile" design.

I’ve looked at that design for a long time and have wanted to do something with it. The ambitious one in me would make a separate color block print. I event have a nice letterpress that I haven’t used yet. Your layers makes the day! We are getting close to the tsunami anniversary and this wave really is a powerful reminder of that tragedy.

8 Likes

OK WOW!!! This is amazing @kanati! Where does this clock live today?

1 Like

Oh my GOSH, love this! That is just beautiful.

1 Like

It lives at my dad’s house. It was a christmas gift I believe.

2 Likes

Very nice.

1 Like

WOW! Beautiful work!

2 Likes