A little contest from Averly at Glowforge

It doesn’t have to be complicated to be beautiful!

3 Likes

Here’s the other, also made for my daughter. Celtic-themed dodecahedron. The thing I’m most proud of is the joiners I made, you can just spot them near the corners of each panel. No screws needed.

28 Likes

The original design is from @geek2nurse.

9 Likes

My best friend is a huge Christmas fan. I mean she’s one of those people who want to start listening to Christmas music in July! Her favorite Christmas movie is Elf, so for her birthday, I decided to make her something original and custom decorated for her. The engraving and cutting all the layers was the most time consuming, but turned out to be the easy part. Gluing on all the individual rhinestones, however, was almost my undoing! It’s not nearly as awesome as some of these other projects, but for my first full project, I was pretty happy with my results! The main portion of the sign is approximately 12” tall.

41 Likes

This is AWESOME! Great job!

2 Likes

You should be happy with the results. It is beautiful and I am sure is much loved by your best friend.

2 Likes

I have a hard time choosing favorites, but here’s one that’s at least high on the list. It was a request from my daughter-in-law. :slight_smile:

31 Likes

Oh that’s beautiful! Is it tiny or, say, the size of a quilt square?

2 Likes

It’s about 6x6". She wanted it to hold her collection of pretty cloth hankies. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is one of my favorites of your creations.

3 Likes

I asked my friend what her daughter would like for her birthday. She said a skyline of Baltimore would be nice. I know she was thinking of a simple line silhouette. I needed more.
I took a file that I purchased and broke it apart creating layers. I added lighting and a 3 layer base.
She loved it!
I made Washington DC and am working on Richmond, VA now.
Baltimore Skyline-Pic
download (1)
download (2)
download (4)
download
download (5)

30 Likes

21 Likes

I have many gifts that I really like, but I think this one required the most effort.

21 Likes

I love it!

Here is my favorite gift I’ve made with the GF! For my sister, who has a love for rabbits, and this was a gift for her new house. Tiles engraved in the GF, frame pieces all cut on GF as well!

And my favorite dinosaur is the spinosaurus!

19 Likes

I had been wanting to make something based off of Hokusai Katsushika’s The Great Wave Off Kanagawa for a long time. I had tried a 3D engrave, but not with much success. :slight_smile: Then Christmas rolled around and I thought of making this layered frame for my sister-in-law, who shares my love for Japanese life and culture.

45 Likes

That’s beautiful! I love it.
I bet @CMadok would also love this!

3 Likes

Wow! Gorgeous, I bet your family were thrilled!

3 Likes

This is so beautiful!

2 Likes

I definitely “won” Christmas that year. And coming up with funny covers for each person was way too much fun. Also, to give credit where credit is due, my daughter did all the art for the covers.

5 Likes