A little "lagniappe"

Thanks! Another great thing about Turkey and the Wolf is that they aren’t secretive about the recipes for many of their sandwiches. The links above contain recipes and the videos here walk us through how to make them too.

1 Like

As a native New Orleanian, it’s a rare conversation that doesn’t devolve into food talk at some point. I’m pleased with this outcome. (As my roommate and I argue about lunch options in walking distance. Probably heading to Ray’s on the Avenue, a hole in the wall on St. Bernard Ave.)

1 Like

I want to go to New Orleans to listen to Tuba Skinny. Food is secondary. That is unusual for me, but Tuba Skinny is that good of a New Orleans jazz band.

1 Like

You’ve piqued my interest, but sadly, no NOLA performances this visit, nor during my next one. :confounded:

1 Like

They were on tour earlier in the month. I’m going to make a trip down sometime soon. Only 11 hours drive.

1 Like

10.5 hrs by myself, 12.5 with the family. And no, I don’t bring along Depends.

2 Likes

Interesting restaurant/grill opened up herre in Tucson - Serial Grillers

Some of their menu items:
Sweeney Todd Salad
Silence Of The Lambs Cold Sandwich
Pinhead Hot Panini
Some of their pizzas:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Bone Collector
Natural Born Killers
and others:
Pennywise Chicken Cheesesteak
Boston Strangler Ribeye Cheesesteak
Leatherface Cheeseburger
Jason Vegetarian Sandwich
Freddy Black Bean Veggie Burger
Halloween Calzone

House of 1000 Corpses Calzone
Se7en Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Haevn’t tried it yet, but prices are good as well as reviews.

5 Likes

MMMM hot roasted Miniwheats…

Oh! not that kind of cereal griller?

How did they miss the BTK (bacon tomato & kale) sandwich?
Or Son of Salami sandwichave.

On edit - perhaps Son of Ham with fried or deviled yeggs?

3 Likes

Update as promised, albeit a little late: Piece of Meat has transitioned from a pop-up/foodtruck to a brick and mortar location, and is now open.

2 Likes

I hope that is a Phil Hendrie “Ted’s of Beverly Hills” reference in the tagline.