A RISK to take...?

The Glowforge will be able to cut extremely small and detailed game tokens and pieces. I can imagine getting several different kind s of 1/8 inch hardwood and make really cool armies of different shapes.

Here are the offcuts. Just hate to toss them.

23 Likes

When I first started lasering things I was like that. Pretty soon the pile got too big to be ignored and I realized I wasnā€™t really ever going to do anything with them (and a lot of those odd sized pieces of material I figured Iā€™d use for some small part or another and never did). It all went to feed the pizza oven fire gods :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

I know what you mean. Both my father and grandfather collected all sorts of odds-and-ends greeblies for potential future use.

4 Likes

If you want to find a use for them, throw them away.
Usually within a week of punting something to the landfill that I have been keeping for years - there arises an application that would have been perfect.

Or is mine the only universe that defaults that way?

14 Likes

Nope. We inhabit the same universe. :relaxed:

9 Likes

Iā€™m not worried as long as there are elementary school kids around.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be surprised if they stop making 'emā€¦

1 Like

I can third this.

1 Like

fourth this tooā€¦ Must be genetic :confused:

Given the thread title, I was pleasantly surprised that you were not looking to see if all of your bad luck carried over to the new year by doing something risky.

1 Like

The risky part is making a set of armies on the laser that I may or may not find lodged in my foot shortly after (see Legoā€™s)

6 Likes

Legos on the floor
Rare image of a shark stepping on a lego

6 Likes

Please, please, please donā€™t use Legos as a plural of Lego.
ā€˜Legoā€™ or ā€˜Lego bricksā€™ is the plural. A Lego Brick is the singular.
This seems to be a peculiarly American habit for some reason.

Edit
Official word on the Lego Plural Debate from the @LEGO_Group Neither Lego nor Legos it seems: 'Please go with ā€œLEGO bricksā€ or ā€œLEGO sets.ā€

3 Likes

Iā€™m still going to say, as well as promote the use of, the word ā€œLegosā€ as the plural of ā€œLego.ā€ Thanks for trying though! I do appreciate the effort! :slight_smile:

I will also continue to eat Eggos and never ever ever call them Eggo brand waffles. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

If we donā€™t have any Legosā€¦does that mean weā€™re Legoless?

bows deeply

8 Likes

yeah but LEGO bricks is so much more awkward. the big reason they donā€™t want people to pluralize it is that it makes it much easier to lose control of the trademark through genericization.

normal people are always going to say legos.

3 Likes

LEGO my EGGO :grin:

3 Likes

I stand corrected.
I get amused ( apparently it irritates you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) that major sport teams do that. In my state we have/had;
The Colorado Buffaloes
The Colorado Carribous

1 Like

Oh God!

2 Likes

I donā€™t think ā€œLegosā€ is so much an american habit. I was living in germany when I learned it. Something more than half a century ago.

The current horse wasnā€™t even born in that barnā€¦

4 Likes