A RISK to take...?

Fair enough. The Lego company (who invented the word) is wrong and you are all right.
I won’t mention it again.

But i’ll be quietly weeping inside every time I read it!

6 Likes

LOL! I really, honestly, appreciate the effort.

For the record, as well as “Legos” and “Eggos,” I’m still also going to:
call Band-Aid brand, as well as similar, bandages "Band-Aids."
call J&J’s Q-tip brand, as well as similar, cotton swabs "Q-tips."
call most markers “Sharpees.”

:slight_smile:

• Tom
5 Likes

I applaud you. Those are all correct.

1 Like

Nobody is saying that LEGO is wrong for wanting it to work like this. That doesn’t mean it’s fun to say, simmer down.

Apple does something similar with their products, referring to items like the iPhone or MacBook as a person, e.g., “iPhone is the best selling…” etc. It sounds so forced and unpleasant.

2 Likes

A fellow Lego fan! I love it! Though I wouldn’t say that I’ve gone quite that far down the rabbit hole! Have you seen the Lego documentary on Netflix? It is really good!

2 Likes

Me too although in fairness that’s exactly why lego keeps up with it.

Yes. I love the way they blatantly ripped it off!

You’re all a bunch of Sheeps!

5 Likes

Chuckle Chuckle :laughing:

I’m an engineer. Don’t care 'bout Legi.

5 Likes

Quiet!! You’ll scare off the Meese!

10 Likes

9 Likes

I thought meese was plural for mouse…lol :wink:

What did they blatantly rip off?

You should, at least for historical purposes :smile: Back in the Days Before Modern CAD/CAM they were an invaluable prototyping tool in some industries. I think it was VW built a whole bleeping assembly line model with them, to make sure they weren’t screwing anything up.

3 Likes

In my perception, 'mericans do tend to bastardize the language, particularly since texting.
I admit things like ‘moar’ make me cringe.

I salute your struggle to preserve the sanctity of the language, but it may be an exercise in futility.

2 Likes

frankly if we’re going to talk about how language changes to be incorrect sometimes, there’s always the shining example of this laser printer we all want >_>

5 Likes

The design for Lego. Another company was making them (but without the tubes inside) and showing them at a trade show, so the Lego guy pocketed a couple, improved them a little and Bob’s yer Uncle: Lego!

2 Likes

Here you go…

1 Like

I haven’t seen that one. I’ll have to check it out when I have a few minutes to watch it. There was a documentary on Netflix that was really good, but it doesn’t seem to be there any more…

Here it is: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/b/4a56e664-4427-49fc-82fb-2d5e4a6f4502

Looks like there’s another one called A Lego Bricumentary. I’ll have to check that one out too!

1 Like