A website full of free laser designs, was pirate site

Pretty sure it’s just another scrubber site full of stolen content. With one quick look I found two files that I have paid for from another site, and then there’s this “cow” image.

6 Likes

I deleted the site link, please do so in your comments as well… Sorry about that.

Jonathan

1 Like

Gentle reminder – Free Laser Designs “… is for sharing your laser designs! All new topics should include a file attachment.”

The key point being that the poster must have created the original file.

6 Likes

why I stated in my original post I found a free site, making sure it was understood this is not my design.

Which is why the post doesn’t belong in FLD in the first place.

2 Likes

I thought free site, free downloads… there are posts here with ‘catalogs’ of free files, I thought this was the appropriate place, apologies…

Yeah a close reading of the pinned top post has pretty narrow restrictions on this category.

4 Likes

I moved this to “Everything Else”

2 Likes

I requested this whole tread be deleted

-Jonathan

1 Like

I don’t see a reason to delete it. Discussions about the nature of some of these sketchy sites are a good thing. If anything I’d move it to everything else.

4 Likes

(shrug) then we will see, I already ‘flagged it’ for moderation…

It’s not uncommon for new members to post inappropriate content or in the wrong place. That’s what Discourse “regular” status is meant to support - “self moderation”, as GF staff don’t generally browse the discussion forums. Unfortunately settings on this site are dumbed down so it’s mostly populated by members with dozens of likes for “yay cool pic” comments, vs. actual help. Evan is a distinctive exception!

5 Likes

and here I thought it meant they ate enough roughage and had a good digestive system.

:slight_smile:
Jonathan

3 Likes

Well my sexy British boyfriend is commenting. Now you be nice to all the new people.

mike-myers-austin-powers-1

2 Likes

You’d better hope they don’t find the videos…

I tried to have them taken down but once something goes viral, well…

2 Likes

Missed by a bit.

Closer to image

Elana can testify…

1 Like

Have you lost your mind? Why did you mention the videos? Now everybody knows.

1 Like

and once its on the internet … google is gonna find you . . . .

isn’t that right Andrew??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.