About Camera Calibration

Hello everyone,

I just received my GF plus last week.
And when i launch the Camera Recalibrator,
It seems can not keep the same power from left to right side.
I use the same setting and power to cut some square on the medium draftboard, the square only can be cut normally on the left side.

What can i do to fix this problem?
Any help is appreciated.

That is strange.

To ask the usual questions: is the crumb tray perfectly seated in the dimples in the bottom of the case so that it lays flat? Is the material perfectly flat on the crumb tray so that it is in the same level all the way across? If you power off the Glowforge and gently move the x and y axis through the whole range of motion, is it totally unobstructed?

That’s all I can think of at the moment.

4 Likes

Thank you for your reply!

I am sure the crumb tray is perfectly seated, the material is in the same level

The x and y axis can move unobstructed.

That is very strange about my GF, already email to support team but have not get any reply yet.:pensive:

1 Like

If you go ahead and do a small cut or engrave on the lower right, just one square, does it do correctly?

Can you cut something out, just one small thing on the lower right by itself to establish that it might be a mechanical issue with alignment and co-planar surfaces?

Still trying to figure this out.

I do know that there have been instances of lower right being under powered for some reason.

I have use the same patten to cut on the right side, still can not cut thoroughly

1 Like

So, as a general rule, the beam isn’t really going to lose energy over a distance like this. Either the energy gets eaten up/absorbed by something in the beam path, or the energy is delivered into a larger area, so it has less of an impact on the material (focus).

I would check all of the optics (two windows and the lens) and remove the top of the head (it’s magnetic) to make sure the mirror is seated properly and not damaged.

I would also take the crumbtray out and put it on a flat surface and see if you have some kind of deformity/manufacturing error.

And if I didn’t find anything there, I would put it back in, and using calipers, I would measure the distance from the bottom of the head down to the crumbtray surface and make sure it’s within a few thousandths of an inch at all corners.

4 Likes

I see you already emailed us about this and I have followed up with your next steps there. So I am going to close this thread.