Absolutely

The joys of the True North hehehe :canada:

5 Likes

ouch

3 Likes

Yikes!

2 Likes

Someone must sell 3mm mdf in Canada. That’s dumb shipping cost.

1 Like

I know what you mean.

2 Likes

Oh I am sure there are, I could sub it for MDF but the fact that the prices are what they are just baffles me every single time.

1 Like

Uhhh :exploding_head:

That is very pricey for slabbed sawdust :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Only the rarest form of saw dust hahaha

2 Likes

someone else created a support ticket about this a few weeks go. GF uses a 3rd party shipper and the support person said they were going to pass on the feedback. it might be worth it for us to continue waving a flag about it

it’s all well and good FedEx will send it over in 4 days, but I’d love to have a budget option
$10 flat rate to US… ~$88 flat rate Canada
sigh :frowning:

6 Likes

I sure hope there’s something they can do about that.

1 Like

Makes sense, I mean I get the xchg rate and such but these rates are insane

3 Likes

I wish there was a thumbs down button. That is ridiculous!

3 Likes

Makes me pray I never need spare parts. Love that it is the same even on small items.
Like trying to buy a lens tool, that will be 125.72$ USD

And then you have import fees on top of that.

1 Like

Way better off asking someone here to get one for you and then send it on to you. Still probably be $30 or so to Canada from the states (Priority Mail) but that’s a far cry from 125!

6 Likes

Holy smokes! That tiny lens tool is $110 shipping? That is beyond crazy! They must ship it in a steel lined shoe box.
I sure wish GF would get their act together and find a simpler means of shipping stuff. This is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Exactly even the duties that I had to cover when the box actually arrived as not ‘pleasant’ but dealt with it.

But to your point even something that I know I will require down the line (Co2 Tube and/or Air Filter) is likely going to come with some hefty shipping fees which won’t be fun.

Wonder if there is a way to get in tough with GF on the shipping situation and have then offer something more reasonable for people not in the states.

Or as @jamesdhatch recommended make some friends south of the boarder and have then ship it over.

2 Likes

When I suggested to them they should find a cheaper means to ship to Canada they basically said they always try to find the most economical means to ship items.
I must disagree with that.

2 Likes

Most economical must mean something entirely different in the GF office.

2 Likes

If you are close enough you can drive it over as “already owned” and pay the least cost. Even getting a P.O. box across the border and collecting the result in person.

1 Like