Achievement Unlocked

I’ve made stuff of leather before, bracelets and a simple credit card wallet and Gkid’s COVID journal…but I’ve been apprehensive of taking on anything that required a lot of stitching or anything other than straight lines.

Well, no more. My hands cramp into claws if I try to grasp anything, and the pads of my right thumb and forefinger are numb, but I did it!!!

Pattern from DieselpunkRo on Etsy

69 Likes

Where you going after this kind of look?! :sunglasses:

16 Likes

I was going more for tough apocalypse survivor… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Then I think that you nailed it! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Yay!!!

4 Likes

Should help you to maintain social distancing. I guarantee people will run when they see that mask coming. :rofl:

15 Likes

Awesome job. You look fierce!

4 Likes

Okay! I totally want to make this.

What do you think of a newbie doing this? Do you have a link to the pattern?

1 Like

I’m pretty much a newbie to leather, and I did it, so yeah, go for it!

5 Likes

My first thought was “Very Mad Max-ish”. So I think you accomplished the apocalypse survivor look. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Got a BOM?

1 Like

Wow - that is beautiful!

1 Like

1 sheet of PG thick leather
acyrilic paints
a piece of wadded-up rag to use as a sponge (unless you have a sponge!)
3 20mm buckles
a handful of rivets
7(ish) rectangular thingies (the ones that are called D-rings when they’re shaped like Ds)
Waxed thread
needles

Carol approves…

9 Likes

Whoa, is that from Walking Dead? That’s my mask!

3 Likes

Literally your mask. I 'shopped it. :rofl:

12 Likes

what about oxygen exchange?

1 Like

Awesome work!!! It turned out fantastic!

4 Likes

In the mask? I could breathe just fine with the holes provided. I did some shaping overnight and haven’t had time to try it on again today (homeschooling!) but I’m thinking with it fitted to my face better the holes might be partially blocked.

I kinda want to remake it without the holes, and with filtration apparatus sewn in to the side pieces… but first, Hubs wants a mask of his own! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Hah! Totally fooled me. I was pretty impressed with myself for making mine look just as good as one they used on the series! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes