Acoustic guitar miniature

Great experimenting! Fun to see what you’re doing with it!

1 Like

Forgot this earlier… welcome to the forum! This is a fun, informative, and cool hangout! Hope you’re enjoying your Glowforge.

WOW love this thank you so much !!!

2 Likes

What a lovely piece!
And what a lovely person for sharing it!
Guess what my kids’ guitar teacher’s getting for Christmas this year?

I’m thinking I might use a veneer for the pick guard though. And part of me wants to go overboard and fix some sort of super-thin wires as strings. But I don’t think I have the patience for that!

3 Likes

Great idea! I was thinking about that too as an option. You just need to complete the shape.

1 Like

That would look perfect leaning against @geek2nurse’s chairs! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

@geek2nurse sewed those with this sewing machine!

IMG_2603

14 Likes

This is great! Thanks! I made one this morning using proof grade walnut plywood.

10 Likes

Nice! And welcome to the forum - this is a very fun place to hang out… :grinning:

3 Likes

That pick guard is begging for a plastic tortise shell style inlay, oh my goodness

5 Likes

Great idea–I do have some that I will try that out (someday)!

1 Like

I just cut this out and it looks fantastic. Thank you!

3 Likes

Glad that worked out for you - enjoy! Did you see the other miniature instruments?

2 Likes

This was only my 3rd project, so I did it on draftboard first. It’s not glued yet but I love it. Thank you for sharing.

12 Likes

Glad you like it! I think the pick guard shifted away from the circle cutout. Somehow it must have slipped somewhere…

1 Like

I did notice that. I’m not sure what I did but, I will make sure to fix it before I cut it out of better quality wood.

1 Like

Thanks so much.

1 Like

You’re welcome - glad you like it! Appreciate you letting me know.

Thank you for being so generous to share!

1 Like

Thanks, enjoy!