Acoustic guitar miniature

Hi @ptodd - it was my husband who said: “Can you design an acoustic guitar miniature? I need at least 3 for my friends, possibly more…” Of course, I oblige, he doesn’t ask me for much and it is so much fun to come up with a new something…

4 Likes

You are a doll to hook him up like that!

My favorite projects are when I can do something for my husband. I know at least a half dozen people that would love one of these. He’s the one that would be the most thrilled though.

4 Likes

So glad to hear!

1 Like

This is really fun & of course have to try something just a bit different: two quick tests but used black acrylic (similar to med PG) and my wood veneer card stock:
Left is doing two separate jobs (with body cut option 2) and then gluing them together.
Right is gluing the card stock to the acrylic, and then the single image to etch and cut. And the sound hole set to etch instead of cut.

I like the effect of the latter, but will convert the etching to the shape with the loop for hanging, and loose the bridge (or convert to etch)–yes, it’s missing here. I must have resized it when I was moving the image, and it didn’t fit. May also get rid of the pick guard, or change it so I can separate it out so it’s not etched as deeply as the rest, and looks more like the one on the left.

Thanks again for the great design!

10 Likes

Squeeeeeeee!

5 Likes

Great experimenting! Fun to see what you’re doing with it!

1 Like

Forgot this earlier… welcome to the forum! This is a fun, informative, and cool hangout! Hope you’re enjoying your Glowforge.

WOW love this thank you so much !!!

2 Likes

What a lovely piece!
And what a lovely person for sharing it!
Guess what my kids’ guitar teacher’s getting for Christmas this year?

I’m thinking I might use a veneer for the pick guard though. And part of me wants to go overboard and fix some sort of super-thin wires as strings. But I don’t think I have the patience for that!

3 Likes

Great idea! I was thinking about that too as an option. You just need to complete the shape.

1 Like

That would look perfect leaning against @geek2nurse’s chairs! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

@geek2nurse sewed those with this sewing machine!

IMG_2603

14 Likes

This is great! Thanks! I made one this morning using proof grade walnut plywood.

10 Likes

Nice! And welcome to the forum - this is a very fun place to hang out… :grinning:

3 Likes

That pick guard is begging for a plastic tortise shell style inlay, oh my goodness

5 Likes

Great idea–I do have some that I will try that out (someday)!

1 Like

I just cut this out and it looks fantastic. Thank you!

3 Likes

Glad that worked out for you - enjoy! Did you see the other miniature instruments?

2 Likes

This was only my 3rd project, so I did it on draftboard first. It’s not glued yet but I love it. Thank you for sharing.

12 Likes

Glad you like it! I think the pick guard shifted away from the circle cutout. Somehow it must have slipped somewhere…

1 Like