Acoustic guitar miniature

Thanks, enjoy!

Love this! Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Glad you like it and thanks for letting me know! :grinning:

1 Like

I love love love this. I’m new to Glowforge but just made this for a friend. I also made your sewing machine. I love miniature things:-). You are so nice for sharing these. Do you happen to have a store for miniature things?
Thanks again!

2 Likes

Glad you like it! No, I don’t have a store, what I design myself and am willing to share, I share here!

Love this! I combined your design with the fun pick holder idea posted by @kdgink001 (Les Paul Guitar pick holder) -

added a few neckless hollow layers and some magnets and made it a bit bigger. Thank you both for the designs and inspiration!

16 Likes

Why does the movie “Deliverance” come to mind?

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing, Your design looks great. I have mine to be key chains so I didn’t add a guitar neck for fear of them breaking if the user was too rough with it.

2 Likes

Great adaptation - like the magnets!

1 Like

Good idea!

1 Like

Thats gorgeous

1 Like

These area adorable had fun making some of these

15 Likes

I love this, thank you

2 Likes

Oh, I like your patterns!

3 Likes

Thank you again, @arh2…it’s so cute!

Here’s my version in PG cherry and black acrylic. I made it for my grandson who is in his first band. A few tweaks because I am so OCD about stuff. I cut out the pick guard space and inlaid one made of black acrylic. Unlike a real guitar which has the guard attached over the wood, I did it this way because a separate piece would have been too thick. I also made the bridge out of acrylic…and get this…the tuner pegs are also inlaid acrylic. I had a heck of a time keeping them from being blown away by the air assist…and I doubt I would be that OCD about the pegs, again. I had to insert them using tweezers! Had to do some kerf testing for inlaying acrylic to wood, too. Anyway, Andrew’s name is inside the sound hole, and the name of his band (The Basement Folk) encircles that but it’s such a teensy tiny font that it’s barely readable.

Even though I’ve never been ‘into’ miniatures, this inspired me and I’m working on a mini mando…which I will share when it’s completed. :hugs:

11 Likes

You version is the most amazing, @Xabbess!!! Such detail - you did wonderful. He’s so going to love it and cherish it.

3 Likes

Very nice design and the cherry is stunning.

3 Likes

Here’s my mini Mando. Yes, I have no banana but a penny will have to do. It’s 3" long and about 1 1/5" wide. Again…too bad there are no strings…that would make it look complete. I hand traced this from the original patent drawing. It’s made from PG cherry. Even though it’s being posted in free laser designs, I’m not offering the file because it’s sort of a PITA right now. :smile:

Found a similar style of Victorian artwork to substitute for what shows in the image…plus one for the back, which is conjecture on my part about what the back might look like. I wanted to put a teeny tiny label inside, but the font would have been unreadable.

Used antique gold Rub n’ Buff to add some extra bling to various parts

17 Likes

Whoa! I can’t believe you got that little cherub on there! (Best one yet!)

3 Likes

That makes me laugh! I think he/she looks like one leg is missing, but he/she is playing a tiny mandolin, so I had to use that one.

3 Likes