Les Paul Guitar pick holder

@garywoffinden He started this with his lovely guitar pick holder. But looking at it sparked a fire in me to try and make something of the same. I work in the theatrical industry and know a lot of roadies who would love something like this. I’ve talked to my friends about guitar bodies they like and want to see. I do plan on putting these up for sale on my etsy page. Mine do differ from the original, mine are a bit bigger in size and I’ve done different things when it comes to the details. I’ve got about 4 designs so far but only giving this one awayLesPaulpickbody ![20200401_223347|375x500]nuaZQ1FByI3BjiFYuZCEV20Cmdi.jpeg)

45 Likes

This is a fabulous design! Thank you for sharing it - I know several of my friends - and my husband, who I’ll have to make these for.

1 Like

you may have to adjust the pick slot for they type of picks they use

Ah - thanks for the warning! I may just make some that fits all? If that’s even possible…

you should be able to edit in adobe

Yes, that part is not a problem - I’ll use Inkscape. Just not sure what different size picks are, but I’ll find out.

the one i went off of is 1.25 by 1.25

1 Like

Really cool design!

2 Likes

thanks

1 Like

Excellent. Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you!

Please let me know if you made one, and if you have photos of the one you made please share, I would love to see.

@kdgink001 thank you for the inspiration. It’s a variation on what you created which uses draftboard, cherry, maple, and magnets. I was able to use photos from the company site to ensure the shape of the guitar is correct.

The additional circles on some pieces are to provide a spot for glue. Snapmarks were used to work on both sides of the top piece. One lesson I keep learning is that things you think are symmetrical ofter are not. Lucky for me it was only off a bit but I did have to force the piece in a bit when working on the other side.

13 Likes

I’m glad I was able to inspire you. I saw someone post something like mine and it inspired me and i started doing various guitars (I’ve got about 4 or 5 done). I only shared the one cause I worked really hard on the others and I’m not ready to give those up. I haven’t done one in wood yet, I’ve only done the prototype which was all draftboard. I plan to do them in wood and acrylic with small ( and i mean small magnets, these things are tiny). But again glad you got some inspiration from my post.

3 Likes

That is an impressive design…Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Well done…I’m in awe!

1 Like

I’m not sure if you’re talking about my design or the guy who got inspiration from mine but thanks either way

2 Likes

Very nice original design. Thank you for sharing.

This is perfect for my husband, he leaves picks everywhere!! Ha!

Love it, Thanks :slight_smile: