Acrylic Chicago Screw Box

Using my Chicago screw technique, this is a classic box demo held together with four screws.

Acrylic Chicago Screw example source : https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=40797

Chicago Screw Box

24 Likes

These are great since me and acrylic solvent just do not get along. (At all.) Keep showing alternatives! :sunglasses: :+1:

3 Likes

Wow, game changer. Thanks

1 Like

I made the other sample one with a chicago screw and it looks great. I had to tweak it though, as I only have one size of the screws and it was too short for your original design. I knew this fastener would work really well to create a box…and here it is! Good work!

Yeah, that acrylic weld #4–syringes (vet/medical grade) make application so much easier than the squeeze bottle!), but even so, the mechanical joints are great as they are not as permanent!

2 Likes

This is SO true! And of course as soon as I realized it, immediately flashed back to other things where I completely made a mess trying to use the squeeze bottle.

1 Like

This is great! Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.