Acrylic not cutting all the way through

I have been cutting out acrylic Christmas ornaments and have not cut around 200, at first no problem, then a couple per sheet did not cut. then a whole sheet did not cut. I have slowed the speed. cleaned out below the crumb drawer and on top of the crumb drawer I have tried different designs. I have used proofgrade default settings I have done custom setting. I can not get it to cut all the way through. Has anyone else had this problem.

Clean your lenses and mirrors. :slight_smile: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/cleaning-service-and-moving/cleaning#things-that-need-wiping

3 Likes

The smoke you see when the machine is working is vaporized material, and acrylic is particularly nasty when it deposits onto the optics because it is harder to see and also harder to clean.

As stated, cleaning your optics will likely solve your problem.

I’m sorry you ran into trouble with your unit not cutting through material as expected. Did your print results improve after cleaning your optics as @eflyguy and @geek2nurse suggested? Please let us know if you’re still having trouble and we’ll be happy to help.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.