Add notes to a file

I would love to be able to add notes to a file I upload to the Glowforge UI. It can reside in the same space that Glowforge uses for instructions.

I have a lot of pieces that work with specific thickness material, and would love to store that along with other notes about a file for each one that exists.

This would be incredibly helpful in keeping all my info organized and centralized!

21 Likes

I agree that this would be quite helpful.

2 Likes

So they appear to be doing the instructions as separate files that they somehow link.

Until they decide to update the catalog features for us have you considered storing the data on a separate colored layer that you just ignore in the GFUI?

5 Likes

What @hansepe said and titles can be quite long, long enough to to store quite a bit of info.

4 Likes

Great suggestion!

For future reference, Problems and Support is the best place for suggestions to make sure they get into the hopper.

6 Likes

A like isn’t enough. I’m adding my voice to this as well. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cannot agree enough. This would be fantastic!

2 Likes

Affirmative vote here.

1 Like

On projects I create myself I’ve taken to doing a text box with instructions - you can set it to ignore and move it off to the side, but at least it’s there

But yeah, another vote for the Hopper :slight_smile:

I like the idea of notes because they could actually be updated (hopefully), rather than a text box that can’t be updated without going back into your design program and making changes there.

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll make sure the team gets them.

1 Like