Adding multiple designs

I know it’s been asked, and I’ve also read the 8/14/17 announcement regarding improvements, but for the life of me I can not add more designs to the workspace.

From home, open a design, when I click Add I can only upload or trace. I want to add something I already have in my design “catalog” on that home page.

What am I doing wrong?

You aren’t doing anything wrong. You can only Upload or Trace. You’ll need to upload an original copy of the design (a new SVG) to Add. You can’t Add from Existing.

1 Like

I’ve successfully added additional artwork to the GFUI. Don’t go back to Home. Stay right in the GFUI and in the upper left (I can’t get to it right now because I should be working…), press Add Artwork and press upload right from there. I did this last night with the Cut template and added an engrave level for “Pro-FULL Power.”

is this what you’re asking?

Ah, I see. I thought I would be able to use existing designs that were previously uploaded. I’ve been taking that approach to building my own “design catalog” for subsequent use. I’ll switch to keeping them organized locally.

Upload of additional SVG designs works as it should. Thanks!

Local organization is the only way to fly at this point. I have had a cricut for a few years, and their online organization is just as bad, taught me to just keep my files local and drag them to the interface.

I’ve thought about it a bit over the years and I can’t think of any really great way to do an online storage solution. I always come up against a “minimum complexity” problem, where what we’re trying to do is simply complicated, so building a simple interface is never going to work for everyone.

I just wish they’d gone with a more traditional “snapshot” save method for uploaded stuff. It is really a drag that any changes you make are instantly committed, if you go back and redo a design and want to fit it on some scraps? That movement is now permanent. Next time, you’ll need to move it all around again. Le sigh,

1 Like

Or a “save as” or “duplicate design” option, perhaps…

Thanks for the answer @rpratt, that’s right.

@eflyguy, thanks for the suggestion. I’ll pass it to the team.

I’m going to close this thread - If you have any more issues go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like