Adding Users

I am trying to add a user account for my students in our maker space. I clicked on Add User and they got an email without a link to set up a password. Any word on how to set up the user account? I know that there have been posts about this in the past but there seems to be no fix.

Thanks.

1 Like

There aren’t any individual passwords, as I recall, but I’ve only invited users who already had a Glowforge account, so my experience is limited…

@hansena has a maker space, so I’m tagging him – he might have some useful advice for you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thanks. Can I set up another user on my Glowforge account?

1 Like

My experience is limited to people who already have Glowforge™accounts, so I don’t know how it works for people who don’t. That’s why I tagged @hansena – I’m hoping he’ll have more useful info for you. :slight_smile:

In the meantime, I’m going to try adding my husband, who doesn’t have an account, and see if I can gain any insights. I’ll report back with my findings, if @staff or @hansena haven’t gotten you on-track before then.

1 Like

I just tried it. I clicked on “Add User” on my design page. I used another email address I have and got an email that had some info and said, “Click here to get started.”

Is that not happening for you?

1 Like

Hubs got a “click here to get started” link, as well. He’s setting up his account now…

2 Likes

Win! I should invite my hubby.

2 Likes

Okay, Hubs has just finished the process. He got the email, and it contained a link that said “click here to get started.” After reading through and accepting the terms and conditions, he then was walked through setting up a Glowforge™account and password, and now he’s able to access my machine.

I tried the same thing with my alternate email address, and got an email that did not contain the setup link – but then I discovered that I had apparently added that email account to my first machine, so it presumably already had an account set up, which would explain why it generated a different email.

2 Likes

Yep, I just tell the students that if they are interested in using the Glowforge they need to send me a request for account via email. I take their email and add them as a user. They get a link and set up their own user name and password and they are off and running! I of course have a training program that they have to go through first to access the room, it has an instructional video on running the machine.
Edit: I have had a few students report they never got the invite, but it is usually always in the junk box in those cases.

4 Likes

also, there’s this:

1 Like

Thank you all. I followed those exact instructions and finally got an email with a link. When I clicked the link it took me to the Glowforge home page. I used Safari as my browser I will try Chrome later to see if it is a browser issue.

1 Like

Ahhh, thanks! I started to go look for that and got distracted and forgot.

squirrel!

1 Like

That’s interesting. The first time I clicked on the link signed me out (since I hadn’t done so). The second time, it brought me to a registration page which I didn’t complete because I wasn’t really signing up. Now, though, when I click on the link (I thought after the fact that I should have looked to see if you could copy the URL) it brings me to the home page. Maybe you can only use the link once? I don’t know. It’s quirky.

1 Like

I’m glad you could receive the email @rabsmo! Please do let us know if it works when you try it on Chrome.

If it doesn’t, please write in to support@glowforge.com and let us know the email address you’d like added to your Glowforge with an account.

Thank you!

1 Like