Adjustable mask hook

Thank you! I just learned about these mask hooks today. I have catered many events for a very large medical group. I would love to make some for these facilities, just no clue what type to make for That specific mask type. Any help would be much appreciated!

The N95 masks I have/had are the same.

I don’t know what works for the n95 but these work well for medical masks

not necessarily so. there are both kinds.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.atco-international.com%2FBuy-White-Half-Face-Masks.html&psig=AOvVaw2u_IJwUz6Gmik4mA_oHW8m&ust=1586315264082000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCLDf8IOr1egCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAJ

Thanks, @shop, good to know.
So to be clear, the hooks are designed for a mask with loops that go over the ears, not the style where the bands go behind the head.

correct. the over the ears style will rub the back of the ears raw. lots of drs/nurses/staff have taken to using paperclips and sewing buttons to connect them w/o rubbing their ears raw.

1 Like

Yup these were design for the mask with ear loops. I made the entry large in case they were force to wear handmade cloth mask. I was working with some local seamstress who wanted to bundle these with their face mask donations. Photo sample from another GF user

1 Like

Note that the N95s with the valve are not effective and preventing the wearer from spreading the virus if they are infected.

They are designed to protect the wearer from breathing in contaminants, the valve opens to allow unrestricted exhalation, which makes wearing them for long periods of time less of an effort.

Not that there is much choice, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that style will not be allowed if masks are made mandatory in public.

1 Like

It will work if you use two pieces 1

On each side :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are y’all selling these S hooks to people (if so how much do you charge?) or giving them away? Just curious. Awesome idea and design!

giving away. i’ve had people offer to donate to cover costs, but so far haven’t taken anything. i can ship 150 in a flat rate box for $8.30. and i had some luck getting a couple of large sheets of acrylic donated to me by home depot for materials (and i donated some cut pieces to the HD staff as well).

3 Likes

Hahhaha good point

I donate all mine, some people offer to cover the cost of shipping. but its $8.00+ for a small flat rate box. i’m willing to eat that if it will do some good in the world right now

1 Like

Great! I’m from Smyrna and working with a group creating face shields. “Sam” :grinning:

Thanks for the design! I just dropped off 30 at my local hospital’s birthing center. They seemed very happy to get them.

Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing! Our library is making some to give to our local hospital and first responders.

thanks for creating this, and making it available…I just cut & prepped about a hundred for a friend to take to the hospital where she works…

Hey guys, based on the collective effort of various makers and a known donation of 15,000, these are the consist feedback we get

1. Medical personnel like and average of 3“ in width

2. Most find it nore comfortable to wear on yhe nape of the neck vs the top of your head (unless you have a ponytail/bun)

1. This design was made with surgical mask in mind. Home-made cloth mask are extremely varied and may or may not work depending on how elastic stretches.

2. For homemade cloth mask a width of 4“ or more inches seems to be favored. For these a more flexible material like the modified acrylic from JPP is better.

6 Likes

Really how they making them,

From the CDC - N95 masks with ear loops are counterfeit, and per ConsumerLabs (a source I trust) KN95 <> N95.

1 Like