Advanced - GF Earsaver "Scrap Saver" (best with Snapmarks)

Inspired by @rbtdanforth idea for Flexi Earsavers, I knocked up this design that uses snapmarks to save all those scrap pieces from your sheets.

You can print the Snapmark jig on anything (I used white chipboard). Then drop a used sheet in the machine, put the appropriate jig piece into the middle position on each side. Align with snapmark, and make sure you set the score, cut and ignore (for the SM alignment element) correctly.

GFES Scrap Savers.zip (5.6 KB)

You could of course just add to the “official” design in the UI, or your vector app of choice (just make sure you remove the snapmark alignment element if you’re not using it.)

8 Likes

You are very fortunate to have received and retained Snapmark!

2 Likes

I lost Snapmarks with my latest replacement, and now you’ve gone and made me miss them!

2 Likes

Very cool! I just did that by eyeball but it did not work as well :smiley: I am still waiting for more sheets to come in,

I did work up a little something for some 12x12 sheets however.
earsaverszzz--

3 Likes

All of this would have been in the burn pile. About a minute per sheet to “salvage” (not counting snapmark alignment and time walking back and forth to the machine…)

3 Likes

I hope I can get my GF up and running in my new place in the next few days. It has really bothered me that I haven’t been able to contribute any earsavers. Went to my new neurologist today and although some of the staff had rigged up some type of ear saver, most were without. I would love to be able drop some off to them.

2 Likes

I’m working directly with my county for the few thousand of regular ones I’m printing, but these I am giving to non-government folks like retail, vets, pediatricians, etc.

2 Likes

Very cool! Thanks for sharing @eflyguy.

2 Likes

That is brilliant. Thank you.

1 Like

But… but you are forgetting about that huge volume of inlay stripes!

1 Like