After cleaning my glowforge, it won't move past centering

After cleaning my glowforge, it won’t move past centering. Did all the trouble shooting stepd and still not working.

Welcome to the forum.

Is there any chance you sprayed liquid on the Glowforge lid and maybe got some connections damp? When you say you did all the trouble shooting, what does that mean? Reset wifi?

1 Like

I was careful not to wet the connections but I suppose it’s a possibility. I did reset the internet but that did not work. It just keeps telling me that the camera isn’t working.

It just keeps telling me that the camera isn’t working.

And is the camera working?

How can I verify this? I receive the message, “The camera didn’t take a picture” as a pop-up while it says “Centering” in the glowforge app.

So no image of the bed in the GFUI because it can’t get past centering to do the scanning step. So your camera is probably not working. You must have pulled something loose. Check the flat white cable that goes from the lid to the body of the printer at the inside/back edge of the open lid.

Yes I’ve checked all 5 different connections, they all seem fine.

Define “checked”? :slight_smile:

I would disconnect and reconnect them all regardless of how they appear… especially the ribbon cable, which could be pulled out a bit and still look like it’s inserted.

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble @normaguerra.

I’ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge and looked at the trouble you’ve been experiencing. The issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid.

If everything is connected properly, it’s likely that the black cable on the lid has a problem. I’d like to send you a replacement for that cable, along with some instructions on how to replace it so we can get you back to printing as quickly as possible.

I’m going to reach out to you in your open email ticket as I’ll need some personal information and close this post.