Air assist belt

I cannot get the belt back on the pulley on the left side. I put on my new air assist fan assembly. My fingers are killing me. What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to the forum.

Once you get the hang of it, your fingers will not be abused. Although I am sure that you have watched/read official Glowforge support information regarding putting the carriage plate back on, here is another video that I hope helps you. The person who made the video is a long time Glowforge owner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgElfl_l5xQ&list=PLaNS2ez45bfbeNCSISzj6fY_AOSB4PUUd&index=9

4 Likes

Still cant get it. Cant tell by video if he has the teeth on the teeth or just on the lip of the pulley. Guess my fingers are so painful, I am not able to do it.

You put one end on the lip and roll it onto the pulley. It’s easiest to get the left side fully on the pulley, then roll it onto the right side idler.

1 Like

To give my fingers a break, I found where I could loose the pulley tension and that worked. Checked tension and it seems good. Thank you for the video, I can probably get it next time when I’m not so sore.

FWIW that’s how I usually do it. Loosen the pulley, drop the belt, clean, replace the belt, tighten the pulley. No tension to fight that way. I don’t know if I’m wearing something out early by doing that, but it has worked for me the past 4 years.

2 Likes

try this: Removing the carriage plate should be easy

3 Likes

Remove the crumb tray and lay a mirror on the bed of the GF to help you see what is going on. It will help tremendously.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.