Air assist fan error and now reint head issue!

I need help! Two days ago i started having an air assit fan error problem…took parts off cleaned them. Next day it cut but i decided to keep cleaning and did a deep clean of the air assist and back fan.

From then it wouldnt cut at all but fibally after hours and messing around i got 3 good cuts before it started again…left it for the evening and looked on here for answers ans tried one more thing…nothing

However now i see that 1 of my 4 gold prongs is messed up…i just want to cry…i have a big event may 7th and now im even more behind and this is just horrible!![quote=“jennbug1595, post:1, topic:113546, full:true”]
I need help! Two days ago i started having an air assit fan error problem…took parts off cleaned them. Next day it cut but i decided to keep cleaning and did a deep clean of the air assist and back fan.

From then it wouldnt cut at all but fibally after hours and messing around i got 3 good cuts before it started again…left it for the evening and looked on here for answers ans tried one more thing…nothing

However now i see that 1 of my 4 gold prongs is messed up…i just want to cry…i have a big event may 7th and now im even more behind and this is just horrible!!
[/quote]

I can send you a carriage assembly next day USPS - my price is whatever glowforge charges + $10 + postage whatever way you want it sent! - send me a DM

Jonathan

Not sure that’s the main problem anymore. The 4 gold prongs…1 is broken

if a prong on the air assist is broken, That is the problem!

:frowning:

One of the copper pins broke?

Sounds to me like OP is describing the gold prongs on the bottom of the print head, which are springloaded and touch the 4 copper pads on the carriage plate. If one of them is stuck in the retracted position, that would explain the intermittent air assist fan errors. Put some isopropyl alcohol on a cotton pad or q-tip and see if you can wipe/soak the prongs enough to unstick whatever’s making the one be “messed up”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.