Air Assist Fan Error...Keeps Occuring

Hello, I’m receiving an “Air Assist Fan Error” continuously.

I followed the Glowforge Instructions for cleaning the “Air Assist Fan” by doing the following:

Removed the printer head
Unhooked the driver belt
Removed the carriage plate
Sprayed the fan with compressed air to clean out all the buildup

I then reassembled everything and I’m still getting the same error. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using magnets to hold down your projects?

1 Like

Is there anything up against the right side of the machine, or a piece of paper that may be stuck over the holes on the air intake holes on the right underside?

Doesn’t take much to interfere with proper air intake!

This happened to me when I started using stronger magnets than I had been previously to hold down my stuff. Every time the air assist passed over one, the fan would slow or stop and I’d get the error. Since I’ve been sticking with holddown pins (and weaker magnets when absolutely necessary) I haven’t had an issue.

No, I don’t use magnets to hold down my materials…only wooden pins as described in other posts.

No…nothing on the right side of the machine.

I’M GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS MACHINE NOT CUTTING THROUGH ABOUT 25-30% OF MY MATERIALS…WASTING TIME AND A LOT OF MONEY!

NOW THIS PROBLEM…

GF NEEDS TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE!

Does anyone know of another Laser Cutter other than GF that doesn’t have these persistent issues?

I seem to be loosing as much money over the past year on wasted PG materials than what I paid for the machine itself…this is UNACCEPTABLE!

When the all-caps shouting commences, I tend to back away slowly and stop offering advice. Let’s hope Support can get you going again – good luck!

2 Likes

Well, good luck with your problems. I hope you can get the response you want from Support.

2 Likes

So thread was about air assist fan, and now about not cutting all the way thru?

Yes it can be frustrating–no matter what material you use & the settings, always BEFORE you move the sheet, try to wiggle the item you cut out–if it moves, it’s free. if it seems hung up, run another cut pass. (I learned this after a few times of pulling out the sheet and “oh, sh*t”).

There are many reasons (due to physics & humidity among them that affects the effective power of the beam, or the water absorption/content of the material, and temp of the material (coefficient of expansion) that you don’t get full cut through.

Yes it’s frustrating, but learn to adjust your process to minimize lost material while there’s any analysis of the PG settings vs. material tolerances.

But to be most effective with your unit, especially if you start using non-PG materials, you must learn for yourself how to make adjustments to get your results. There are many, many threads from users over the past 2+ years on this machine that will likely help you out greatly, as long as you’re wiling to learn.

But alas for air assist fan issues, you’ll definitely need to wait for support to get back to you.

2 Likes

Thanks for your suggestions…I just had to vent though.

Yup, understand the frustration, but alas lots of other users that usually have great advice/suggestions will see that and back away… I do hope the support team is able to help you quickly–often though their first response is a “canned” one about trying this or that, especially if your info is not clear on all the steps you have tried, and often providing a date/time for the issues helps them when looking up the logs for your machine, too.

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.