Air Assist Fan Issues

No magnets. I’m getting the air assist fan error no matter what I do. The only thing I did was clean the air assist fan, which is something I do weekly. Usually if I get this error I can reseat everything and it fixes the issue. In this situation I’ve done this like ten times and it’s still throwing the code. Does anyone have any tricks?

Reseat the connector, if that doesn’t cure it, you have likely damaged it thru over-zealous cleaning. The only required cleaning is to wipe the optics every couple of dozen hours. I never cleaned the air assist fan in my original machine in over 5 years, and never had an error. I used magnets extensively.

3 Likes

But if I don’t clean the fan it won’t even run anymore. It gets filled with debris.

What on earth are you cutting to clog the air assist fan weekly??

3 Likes

You might want to check your ventilation setup as well, as there should be no smoke lingering in the machine while operational. Do you have an external duct fan?

1 Like

I cut acrylic exclusively. The machine runs 10 hours per day on average.

1 Like

It may be time to replace that fan…

5 Likes

Yeah I’d buy a new fan. They’re cheap.

3 Likes

I have put in an order for a new carriage plate. In the meantime I still need to cut though lol.

Wow. That’s amazing. And acrylic builds up for sure.

4 Likes

You might want to consider a commercial laser - the Glowforge is a crafting/hobby machine, not intended for that kind of use.

4 Likes

I’m looking into it, I’ve been using Glowforges for four years and my business has been increasing.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.