Air Assist Fan Loud (after deep clean)

Hey GF Community!

I have a new one I am trying to figure out.
I recently deep cleaned my machine as per GF guidelines, which included removing the laser head, air assist fan etc. and have been seeing great performance results, but for some reason the Air Assist Fan (99% sure it is the air assist fan) is running at, what seems, a higher than normal dB.
(see and listen to video attached)

In this video, you see and hear the dB switch from 61dB outside of the bed to 81dB, inside the bed, next to the laser head.

Unsure if this is common but it does seem to be louder than normal.

Other things I did while deep cleaning:

• I moved my AC Inifinity in-line duct fan just inches from the Exhaust Hook Up, instead of 6ft of hose in between

(while typing this, my laser went shifted to ‘sleep mode’ unsure what the real term is, and the sound immediately shifted to 58dB in the bed, with the hood open)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thank you so much!
Gavin

Video won’t play, but check and and carefully re-seat the cable that attaches to the head, and check the contacts and re-seat the head on the carriage plate.

1 Like

hmmm really now.
I noticed that the video would not autoplay, rather, I had to click the the play button to get it to work on my mac as well as my phone.

In the video it shows the opening of the hood after a print and the visual as well as audial of the machines sound.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re hitting this snag. I appreciate you posting the video, outlining the sound you here. I’d like to take a look at an image of your Air Assist Fan to see what could be causing the increase in sound.

When you have a moment, could you please work through the instructions for cleaning the Air Assist Fan again here and send over a photo similar to the one below?:

Once we can review this image, we’ll send over the next best steps.

Here is the image, thank you!

Thank you for working through those instructions, and for sending over this image. Based on the photo, the sound may be occurring due to particles catching on the edge of the fins. Would it be possible to spend a little extra time to ensure the fins are as clean as possible, and then reattach the Carriage Plate to your Laser Arm, and see if the same behavior occurs?

Let us know how it goes!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.