Air Assist Fan Wont Turn Off

Greetings! So my air assist fan will not turn off and is causing the error message. I have tried removing the plates and cleaning the carriage head, removing and reassembling the fan itself, cleaning the contact points, cleaning the white ribbon that attaches to the printer head (nothing looks bent or damaged at all), turning the machine on and off between each cleaning process and it is still giving me the error. The fan itself is super clean so I know there are no issues with build up but am now at a loss. My only guess is that perhaps the white cable has stopped communicating to the printer due to a bad connection?

I have followed steps I have seen in other posts with similar issues and nothing seems to be helping. What might be my next steps?

Thanks kindly.

Do you have a picture of your print head specifically from this viewpoint:

FYI, the trace to the left of the fan in the photo above should NOT look like it does in my above photo. If it does look like that then it will cause the GF to think the assist is off when it actually is on and it will keep it running. Below is a photo of what it SHOULD look like (it should be nice and flat):

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble @shuannaholt.

To help us investigate further, could you please do the following:

Check the four contact points on the bottom of the printer head. Press down gently on each of them and let me know if any of them fail to spring back up when released.

Take a photo of the back of the printer head similar to the one below and send it to us:

Remove your carriage plate and send us a photo of your air assist fan like this one:

Once we have the above, we’ll follow up with the next steps.​

Attachments

Each of the four contact points spring back up easily.

Thanks for the response! I feel a little silly because I dont think I can see a difference between those two photos but here you go :slight_smile:

Thank you for sending over those photos @shuannaholt. Those photos look as expected!

Can you tell me a little bit more about the error you’re receiving? If possible, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
  • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Send us the screenshot, and we’ll be happy to take a look.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.