🔑 AirTag Compatible Minimalist Monstera Keychain

For the holidays I designed something different and special for my friends.

In prior years I made notebooks which was a bigger lift: Books / Art 🖖

After losing my car keys in the house, and commiserating with others about this, I thought that a keychain that looks great on its own, however has the ability to support an AirTag if they would like, and was quick to assemble a number of them as gifts would be a big win.

I prototyped with paper, which was fast, and cheaper than using leather :slight_smile: , though still needed to revise it after I beta tested with leather…

The minimalist design also stemmed from my current keychain hitting my knee when I drive, and of course saving material to make the most out of the leather I have.

If you would like to make one here is a link to the catalog:

Thank you @CMadok for help with determining the best gift for my friends, and @JimmyWayneWestie for your guidance along the way.

32 Likes

That’s fabulous. I love that they look complete whether or not you decide to add an airtag!

FYI, if you do leather again, using felt for patterning will get you a lot closer than paper since it’s much closer to the depth of leather :slight_smile: For my default 3-4oz leather it’s a perfect match.

12 Likes

I need to try that, thank you for the tip!
There are android friends who likely will never use an airtag, so I wanted it to be versatile. :smiley:

12 Likes

That’s a great design! …and one honkin’ sturdy looking keyfob. That won’t be falling apart anytime soon, now. :smile:

12 Likes

Mahalo! It is sturdy!

9 Likes

Indeed! Any android friend is easy enough to track down but nothing as small as an airtag. Somebody needs to fix that.

6 Likes

Somebody already has. A Tile Sticker is a similar form factor.

8 Likes

https://www.tile.com/product/sticker-4-pack

Looks cool.

8 Likes

Very thoughtful gift! Awesome idea!

8 Likes

This looks so classy!

7 Likes

Slick!

5 Likes

Great design, and I’m glad it’s in the catalog!

7 Likes