ALERT Too Cold - Stuck on Yellow Light and it's not too cold

Last night I was printing and I got for the first time an ALERT Too Cold message. I checked the temperature and it was within the threshold for my GF Basic. I let my garage warm up for a bit, increased the temperature and still nothing - just stuck on Too Cold.

I put a thermostat inside my GF and it reads about 72 as well as the outside temperature, should be perfect for printing. Last night when I was trying to heat up the garage my circuit blew and shut the GF off. After coming back on, it still showed Yellow and I got a message of Too Cold.

I unplugged the GF overnight and tried again this morning. Same thing… Does anyone know of a master reset for the temperature or something? I use my printer every day and I’d really like to get this working soon.

One other behavior, when I turn the printer on, it doesn’t try to center it just makes a small spin up sound for a second and goes away. I also try to change my material height to get the camera to re-scan what’s on my bed, but the icon on the screen just spins. spin

Thanks,
Dan

I’m so sorry for the trouble.

Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.

1 Like

Thank you - I think I need a reset of some sort, nothing is working. I usually during the day get too hot messages, but even then when I power cycle the GF at least it re-centers and doesn’t give me the Too Hot message until I try to print something.

This Too Cold message I’m getting now happens before the machine centers or does anything, just turns on and goes right to yellow light. No movement on the gantry or update from the camera pic. Please help and let me know how we can reset this. It seems like it’s stuck in some state I can’t get it out of. Here is a video of the issue:

1 Like

I’m still waiting on a reply from my last post here. Recently I kept the GF unplugged overnight (for the second night) and this morning it seemed to boot up just fine. During my first print though the printer kept pausing and showing a message of too cold on the computer. My thermostat shows 70, so it can’t be. The print would continue after a min, but it did this a few times.

Now I’m trying to print and in the middle of the print it put a purple light on and the head stopped moving. I checked the computer and it shows the timer continuing and doesn’t give any message on what that means. The printer is now just stuck. I really need help here.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I think you need to just unplug it now and wait to hear from support.

Any color light other than white or yellow (or teal during setup) indicates a problem. (Or it used to, I have no idea if that still holds true.)

I’m sure they will get back to you as soon as they have made a determination, or if they need for you to run additional tests.

One question…I noticed on the video you plugging that machine into a power strip. If that has surge protection on it you might want to take it out of the chain and plug directly into the wall. The GF has it’s own surge protection …that might be interfering with the power to the unit.

1 Like

Ok, I’m starting to get very very upset now. I haven’t heard back from Support and I can’t get through a single print without the Too Cold message appearing. It’s now 75 in my garage, there is absolutely no way it’s too cold if anything it’s about to be too warm.

Something is royally messed up here and I need help. I have customers waiting on me to finish up their projects that I promised them 2 days ago when I started having this issue. I’m trying to be patient, I know you guys are busy, but I have a business to run. HELP PLEASE GLOWFORGE SUPPORT.

2 Likes

Thank you for your patience.

Would you do the following to help us troubleshoot?

1. Reboot your Glowforge once more and wait until all motion has stopped for 30 seconds
  2. Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color
  3. Your Glowforge is now broadcasting a temporary Wi-Fi access point. Connect your computer to “Glowforge XXX-XXX” (from your Wi-Fi Settings)
  4. Visit the following URL in your browser: http://192.168.192.1:3000/logs/zip
  5. A .zip file should download to your computer
  6. Reconnect to your usual Wi-Fi network and email the .zip file to support@glowforge.com

Please let me know if you run into any difficulty with these steps. Thanks!

1 Like

The printer on reboot is now stuck on the yellow button state as in the beginning of this thread now. The teal button doesn’t broadcast the Glowforge wifi, although if I turn the system off and hold down the button while I turn it on I get a purple light which then shows the GF wifi. I connected and got the .zip that way. The system is a brick right now.
Emailing support with the .zip now.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like