Alignment / Focus Getting Progressively Worse (Non-Emergency)


#1

I’ve been just putting up with this, since I can work around it pretty well with snapmarks AND because I really don’t want to lose them if I have to do an exchange…BUT my warranty will be running out soon, and I thought I’d better get it addressed before that happens! It can still find snapmarks, but it NEVER identifies PG materials any more.

This is how it used to look: :slight_smile:

This is how it looks now (with lenses and mirrors all freshly cleaned): :frowning:


Trouble with alignment
#2

ouch, that got way out of focus - sorry to hear it.


#3

Didn’t notice it much until the other day but mine is off 1/4 inch too but mostly on the far far right side. In the middle it’s less than 1.8 and on the far left it’s just over an 1/8. As for not recognizing the PG material my first was ok for a while then quit and my second never has.

The one thing i find interesting is that I can place the design on the far right side just inside the area and it start right where I place the design and then shows the difference when it’s completed and re-scans. The only time I see this as an issue is when i go to engrave the reverse side of the same piece, I can’t re-set the design and have to be careful not move the material in order for it to engrave the reverse. I’ve had the same issue when using the snapmarks.


#4

That’s where I was. I ended up sending it back and getting a replacement but lost my Snapmarks. I’ve learned to live without them again. You just go back to regular jigging or scoring outlines to place your material on.


#5

Is your lid camera loose? It doesn’t seem like that should be possible unless it has physically detached or unscrewed.


#6

Nope, it’s fine.


#7

Only two things I’d check are if the door might have gotten loosened or if the table it’s on shifted and got out of square / non-level.


#8

No door issues, and the table is super solid. I built it to be vibration-proof for my 3D printer, before I got my GF and realized there wouldn’t be room on it for both of them. It’s a 1.5" thick heavy wood table top mounted on top of Ikea cabinets and fastened to the wall on 3 sides…actually it kinda goes THROUGH the wall at one end because it was just a tad too long to wedge in, and it was easier to carve out the sheetrock than to trim the tabletop.

I might have had to jump on it a little to get it in there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:


#11

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.