Alignment getting worse

I’ve been blessed to have a machine that has been fairly accurate on image placement. Less than an 1/8" even in the corners. But this seems to be getting worse as time goes by. I have tried to keep the lenses clean. But my accuracy is steadily declining and is right at or just over the 1/4" standard. I’m using Medium Draftboard on this particular job, in the lower left corner. The alignment is better in the middle, but the edges are increasingly off. Any advice?

1 Like

Mine is the same way, as you get closer to edge of the material the more it’s off. Mine is right at 1/4 for now. One thing i do notice is that my cuts start just about where i place the file but shows off when completed. So it’s hard to say if it’s the placement, or UI after it refreshes when the job is completed.

Is the lid closing the same as before? Any change in resistance?

I can’t tell from the pic, but almost any amount of warp will increase the margin of error, as it deviates from the expected Proofgrade thickness (depending on the type of warpage, it could increase the error in different locations - the further away from the center, it would increase error pretty quickly).

Those are just a couple of things I can think of on your end. No idea if GF has made any changes on their end to the post-processing of the raw bed image.

No, mine is off from where I say to put it. I’ve run off the edge on several cuts. My bad I guess for trying to get to close!

No warping, and I usually use the hold down pins, but didn’t on this one as it was flat. No change in surface or in closing of the lid that I can determine.

I’m sorry your print didn’t turn out the way you expected. I’ve pulled some logs from your recent prints to investigate the issue, and it appears that there has been some buildup of dust and residue on the camera. When the camera lens is dirty or obstructed in this way, it may cause calibration and alignment issues.

Could you please follow the steps located on our support page here for “Things That Need Wiping” and “Wiping the Mirror in the Printer Head”? After thoroughly cleaning, please try another print and let me know how it goes.

Additionally, it looks like the masking was removed from the corner of the Draftboard in your screenshot. The material height difference with and without masking can contribute to alignment offset. For the print in question, did you choose Proofgrade Draftboard from the material list in the app? If so, it may help to measure the height of the unmasked material with a pair of precision calipers, and enter that value in the “uncertified materials” box.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.