Alignment help please

I have wasted 3 sheets of my PG Med Draft board because my laser is way off… How do I realign it?

4 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag.

I recommend recalibrating the camera in your Glowforge to see if your alignment can be improved.

You’ll need a 12” x 20” piece of Proofgrade material with no markings or stickers. The feature was designed to be used with a flat piece of medium Proofgrade Draftboard, used upside-down (with the QR code side down). It may work with other materials that are the same size and use the same print settings as well, like Proofgrade plywood.

It prints a grid of markings, takes a picture, then measures its height in multiple locations. This data is used to make your camera more accurate for future prints.

To get started, click on this link: Launch the Camera Recalibrator

Should you finish all of these steps, and find that you have an alignment error of more than 1/4", please measure the accuracy of the camera and send us a screenshot of the results.

Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

I’m sorry for the late reply… Thank you so much! Back in business.
btw… would you happen to be able to tell me how to make the pencil box without the cut out designs on the panels? I would like to engrave my own logos on either side :smile:

If you’re talking about the Modern Mosaic Pencil Holder, the design on the panels is a separate step that you can set to “ignore” like this:

The design will still be visible, but it will be greyed out like this. You can then add any design you like.

I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

Yes! That was it… thank you so much! I stayed up pretty late and ended up figuring it out but I’m excited to know I did it right! :blush:

I had absolutely no idea what I was doing when I purchased this Glowforge but I’m learning… frustrations and all! :joy:

That’s awesome!

I’m so excited to see what awesome stuff you make.

I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other questions, go ahead and post a new topic. We’re here to help!