Hey, y’all. I’m very eager to get started using my brand-new glowforge, but I’m having some alignment issues that are definitely outside of the tolerance. I’ve already taken a bunch of steps to try to fix it, and I’m at a loss. Here’s what I did:
- I cleaned all of the lenses/mirrors per the directions.
- I also took out the crumb tray and cleaned that.
- I’ve run the camera calibration on a piece of proofgrade draftboard per the directions.
- I then tried to measure the camera accuracy using the “precision preview test pattern design” twice, and they are significantly off.
- I shut the machine off, waited about 5 seconds, and then turned it back on.
- I did the calibration again, and have now ruined a second piece of draftboard running it a second time.
My results with the second calibration are no better than the first. I’m not sure what else to do to fix this? But it must be better than this…the X isn’t even in the circle at all. As I mentioned, my glowforge is brand new, and I’m just using it for the first time.
Thanks in advance for the assistance. I really want to make a thing for my nephew, but that project is engraving on a piece of wood that’s already cut, so I’m super worried that the alignment will be off and I’ll ruin it.