Alignment real off

I uploaded a svg file and aligned on the left side of a full sheet of pg draftboard. It cut out on the right side of the board which had a large hole in it from a previous job Ruined!

If you post the date/time (with time zone) it will give support a better idea of where to look in your logs to determine what may have happened.

1 Like

I wonder what would cause something like that? Ribbon cable reversed?

Do you have a screen capture of the bed showing the placement and the print?

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about this. I’m sorry your print didn’t turn out beautifully! I took a look at the information from your Glowforge, and I can see the printer head was not positioned properly when that print started.

Could you please try the following for me?

• Reboot your Glowforge
  • Place Proofgrade Draftboard in the center of the bed and print the Gift of Good Measure using the default settings
  • When the print finishes, allow the new bed image to load. Without moving your artwork or your material, take a screenshot of the workspace to show us the difference between the artwork placement and the actual print placement. Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible
    • Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop
    • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and search for the Snipping Tool. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file
  • Let me know if alignment has improved. If you still see an offset of more than 1/4", send us the screenshot along with the date and time of the print, and we’ll investigate

Thank you!

Haven’t looked in a while… Isn’t it notched?

I did the test, The alignment was spot on. So any idea what might had happen? Also my proofgrade materials including this test are not cutting completely through. This test the cut was just slightly off where I had to punch some of the cuts through, On a number of prints the cut did not go through hardly at all and some the cuts went through most of the way but needed a sharp tool to go through all the way. Ideas?

My guess (just a guess) is that you moved it or bumped it or it bumped something. The machine only has relative positioning, so any movement of the laser head after it has calibrated will cause it to be confused about the position. When it doubt, turn it off and on.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to run that test. @chris1 is correct - often, when we see an offset that large, it occurs because the head was physically moved or accidentally bumped, which affects the current calibration. At times the head might have been moved or bumped while preparing a print, and this can be fixed by rebooting Glowforge so the head can recalibrate.

I can see you emailed us separately regarding the problems you’re seeing with prints not cutting all the way through. We’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic. Thanks again!