Alignment wildly off

Test print was ok! I do wish that you could add existing stored projects with the “+ artwork” button within layout if copy / paste is part of what was giving me difficulty.

1 Like

Nope. Jules was describing more of a reset. If you turn it off after the teal button, it does not affect the current WiFi settings.

Now it is possible that this is tribal knowledge that could be incorrect. Which is why I tagged Scott.

There is no “reset” that I’m aware of. Certainly an interesting concept though. Love to hear more!

First, remember that the Glowforge is essentially a dumb terminal. It has only one non-volatile setting that is user adjustable: the wifi configuration. The rest is set at the factory, with firmware updates, or from the cloud.

What is often described as a “reset” is actually just putting the device into wireless configuration mode. This happens whether you do it by holding the button down briefly while powering on (PURPLE button), or holding it for 15 seconds or so while the unit is on (TEAL button).

Both methods do not clear or reset any settings, and will only save changes if you complete the wireless setup process.

It may be less confusing if it were described as “entering wireless setup mode”, instead of “resetting”.

7 Likes

I sit corrected, thank you.

1 Like

I’m so sorry you had trouble with your print.

I’ve extracted the data and it looks like the head had been moved prior to this print. I’m glad that restarting your unit has solved it and I’ve recorded your feedback for the rest of the team.

Please let us know if you have trouble with this again.