...Alignment

Big alignment issue. It is worst in the upper left and lower right hand corners. Attached screenshot of ‘good measure’ indicates 3/8" - 1/2" alignment error. Additionally, you can see that the QR code for the proof grade Medium Draftboard is fuzzy and wasn’t able to be read by the camera before the cut.

2nd screenshot is zoomed in 200%

The GF is located on a flat, secure, level surface. All doors were double-checked for secure closure. Lid appears to be closed all the way. Material is flat on the honeycomb. Divots under honeycomb feet are clean…

This misalignment has caused lots of mis-cuts…it is difficult to align art on the materials (unless I’m using a fresh, whole piece of PG). Problems are exaggerated because the misalignment is inconsistent across the bed. I never know quite where to place the artwork to ensure a good cut.

1 Like

This post no longer relevant. Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

1 Like

I was editing and adding the screenshot as you typed. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

:cry: So sorry to see this, I had the same problem and they had me return my unit.

ugh…

What was the turnaround (assuming you’re not still waiting)?

Did they send you a new one, or repair the malfunctioning one?

Your scores seem really dark, too. Your lens isn’t in upside-down, is it? (Flat side should be down, hollow side pointing up into the head)

So, hopefully my experience will be nothing like yours. The bad news is that I’m still waiting for one. My first replacement had a broken door.

Then, I made the error of asking support for information about when I could expect shipping (so I could schedule a last summer trip with my family). Without asking, they most unhelpfully rescheduled shipping for August 27. Still no information and each support email response took about 24 hours. My last week of summer trip had to be cancelled. I’ve been waiting since Friday to even get a response find out if that date can be moved up. I guess everyone is busy with the Maker Faire in Seattle? But I’ve been waiting for a working machine since August 1…

Thank you for providing that information and trying the test with the Gift of Good Measure.

I extracted the logs to investigate the issue, and I noticed a lot of variance in your bed images. Do you notice any friction when you are closing the lid of your Glowforge?

Could you please try the test one more time, making sure to follow these steps carefully?

1. Reboot your Glowforge.
  2. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place the Proofgrade Draftboard in the center of the bed and close the lid completely so the lid and the sides of the unit are as flush as possible.
  3. Print the Gift of Good Measure using the default settings.
  4. When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates. Without moving your artwork or your material, take a screenshot of the Workspace to show us the difference between the artwork placement and the actual print placement. Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible.
    • Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
    • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.
  5. Send me the screenshot along with the date and time of the print, and I’ll investigate.

Thank you!

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.