Aline to snapmars sends Glowforge to Calibrating

Hi. Every time I try to aline my artwork to the snapmarks my glowforge goes into
Calibrating the head of your Glowforge. This may take a few minutes.

After it is done calibrating the artwork does not aline to the snapmarks.

I’ve cleaned the camera and restarted the Glowforge. Don’t know what else to do.

Thanks for any help.

Would be surprised if you get a solution from staff. Snapmarks is no longer supported. Apparently the support requests exceeded the amount of time the company was willing to spend on an un-promised feature.

1 Like

Yeah I posted that yesterday and shortly after found out that Snapmarks are no longer supported. That sucks. It is such a great feature.

Did you post this on Facebook also? (Hard to keep accounts straight from here to there)

This happened to me on the machine I had with snapmarks and it was the black cable failing. Something in the code made it calibrate whenever I hit the snapmarks icon, and it failed to capture the image.

Two incidents of this though, if you didn’t post to Facebook, is pretty coincidental - since the only time I’ve seen it was on my machine (haven’t seen it posted before).

1 Like

I also saw two incidents…same complaint. Had to do a double take to see if it was two different people or not. Now, I can’t remember though if I saw one on here and the other on FB.

Someone else posted the same thing yesterday:

Also, Happy Cake Day!

I’m sorry you ran into trouble when using the Snapmark tool on your unit. Thank you for letting us know about this. We’ve made a change on our end. Would you please refresh your browser and try running another print using the tool? Please let me know if the issue persists.

Hey there! I was having the same issue as Samiam.Life yesterday, hitting snapmarks sent it into calibrating and it finishes but doesn’t move the art. Just now I’m tryin again and now when I attempt to use SnapMarks I get a ‘Not enough snapmarks’ error.

Uploading: Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 9.48.38 AM.png…

You’ll need to start a new thread so Support will understand this is a separate forge.

Whatever you did on your end fixed the problem on my end.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I’m glad that resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

Welcome to the forum @BeamGeeks.

We try to keep to one topic per post in the Problems and Support section. Can you create a new post with this question if you’re still having trouble?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.