All my engraving settings are gone?

I opened up the interface today, and it had changed from the trial yesterday. ALL my engraving settings are now set to 1000/1. All of them.

And the previous free trial interface is back, and so are my settings. Interesting

I’m sorry that your settings switched to 1000/1. Thank you for letting us know that they returned to normal. Have you noticed any other changes in your settings since that happened?

Also, may I have information on which browser you’re using? Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Click the link underneath “Share my system info with tech support”
  3. Copy the highlighted link
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

Sometimes if you clear your cache, it helps. This happened to me when it kept resetting even after I changed the settings, but clearing my cache fixed everything.

2 Likes

I was using Safari on MacOS.

It was strange. Last night I got the new interface.

This morning, it was the new interface, but slightly different. The new controls were there but no trial notice. The mirror controls were not in a separate section but integrated into the bottom border, as were the precision controls. In the home screen, instead of the new create a document menu it had a button to upload a file like the old interface.

When I reloaded, I got the new interface back and everything was fine.

I’m so sorry for the trouble.

It sounds like everything is fixed now, but I wanted to verify before closing the thread.

Happy cake day day @pip!

2 Likes

Just as an ‘in case’…I used to use Safari all the time and had all sorts of little odd problems. I switched to using Chrome. If you end up with some unexplainable things going on, try switching to Chrome.

Since we’ve haven’t heard from you, I’m going to close this thread.

Please let us know if you are still having trouble at support@glowforge.com. We’ll be happy to take a look.