All my fellow south Texas forgers stay safe!

That and the birth routine…lmao

4 Likes

Love Port A, one of my favorite places. Sorry your trip timed out perfectly wrong :disappointed_relieved: I hope Port A is still there next week :grimacing:

2 Likes

“Go get it! Use the salad spoons!”

1 Like

I worked for a company where we processed public records for multiple listing services. Our contract with the West Palm Beach MLS stated we had so many days once the annual data was available to process it or we paid them a penalty. Most years not an issue (by days.) But that year everything went wrong and I had to tell the boss we’re going to miss the deadline by 2 days. A day before the deadline West Palm Beach was placed under mandatory evacuation. When they opened the office again the data was up. So technically, I was once saved by a hurricane.

Stay safe everyone.

8 Likes

Hoping everything is going okay for you all. The radar pictures look pretty horrific.

2 Likes

Spooon!

1 Like

Be safe and stay dry!

1 Like

Shot about a minute of rain…it’s starting to pick up a bit…(really bored.)

4 Likes

Wont play for me :sob:

It’s Youtube…here’s a direct link in case that one won’t play on devices.

Some Boring Rain

1 Like

How are the winds??

1 Like

Not great for the folks experiencing tornados but otherwise okay. We’re good so far.

2 Likes

Sure is dark. Have you lost power? :thinking:

1 Like

On the video?..no, the power was still on up and down the street, and I had the outside lights on as well. I shot that at dusk, and the cloud cover blocks the light pretty completely when a feeder band is covering the area.

That went on pretty much all night, but we’re getting a break now so the water is draining off a little. (Thank you God!)

We might make it out of here without serious flooding if we can catch a few breaks in the bands. Got some water in the cat room behind the garage, but that’s happened before and we built it for that. We’ve got all four kitties moved out into the garage, and I’m including Demon in that…she has decided to ride out the storm with us…her other family has dogs and cats, this one just has a few pissy kitties and she can avoid them. (Got a funny story or two to share when this is all over about introducing a demon-like kitten into the mix when a hurricane comes calling. :smile:)

We’ve got some friends to help out once this is all over though. Some have not been as lucky.

9 Likes

Glad to hear that you are ok. Don’t forget that the trees will come down pretty easily when the ground gets so saturated. We had major tree loss here in Pensacola during Ivan when it stalled over us. Be safe. :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks, we’ll continue to be careful. :grinning:

We had a few trees uprooted during Ike. (We could feel the ground vibrate when they hit the ground, and they would shake the whole house. THAT was scary, cause we have a few really big ones that shade the house. But we got lucky then too and nothing actually landed on the house - we just lost a couple of fences.)

6 Likes

I’m glad things are going comparatively well for you. Can’t wait for the kitty story when you have time!

3 Likes

@jules, you and all your south Texas neighbors are very much in my thoughts. I do hope things continue to go okay for you. Very tough time for your area.

4 Likes

Ditto @cynd11!!

2 Likes

Thanks guys! We’re currently okay. There was a close call or two, but we’ve been very very lucky so far.

We’re just really tired. There hasn’t been much sleeping for anyone since Friday night.

7 Likes