All of my Custom Settings are GONE

All of my custom setting are gone, 20 hours worth of work sizing , naming, testing .

I feel like I am going to throw up.

How is this possible ?

1 Like

Custom settings set up through the recently released GF saved settings? A 3rd party plugin?

I ran into this recently, too. You absolutely cannot rely on the GF software to retain your settings. Here is a recent discussion on the subject:

Did you look under Custom settings?

(I’ve never set one up in there, so have no idea how it works, but they might become visible after you set the thickness.)

I have not depended on the saved settings. Just in passing it looked like mine are gone but haven’t really checked.

My guess, but I would bet that the current saved material type will eventually fall to S/W changes. It’s a great time saver but I tend not to trust S/W and H/W with such a prototype feel to it. Protect data to your persomal risk comfort level.

1 Like

Not sure if this is the problem or not, but I thought I had lost my settings as well but it saves them by the type of operation. So the ones that I had saved were all engrave settings. When I selected a cut operation, I couldn’t see any of my saved engrave settings. As soon as I changed it to an engrave operation, then all my engrave saved settings reappeared.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.

So let me update what happened. I got all my settings back with the exception of the first one I did in the morning. The problem may be that at some point the server shuts down in the middle of the night. Thus because I never log out and it shows I am still logged in from the day before I am being fooled .

I also need to check if I have more than 1 work station open, this is something else that may have happened.

Best Practice is to log in every time fresh maybe , yet I am afraid to log out now . lol

My fear is as I tweak the Size of the vectors I will not know if they are being saved each time so now I throw in some Misfit Pic on the side everytime I make a change If i see Pic I know that the size was changed. Hope that makes sense.

So many of us are trying to use this as a Professional , but you can quickly be reminded that it is screaming hobby lobby at you.

Despite that my $1000 AC cooling system is telling me something different.

It would be really nice if the picture of the Image that it saves changed to the SAVED and date and time. Or maybe just a new Updated Pic .

I Hope some love goes into this setup soon,
Thank you for looking into this , but as of now I am back up and running , maybe you can find out if the server goes down and everyone needs to log back in and out several times .

2 Likes

Considering its Google services, not very likely.

1 Like

Glad to hear it!

It sounds like the settings are sometimes not loading as expected. We’ll continue investigating.

I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!