All of my files are now missing from the Dashboard

I’m new to the GF, yet for the summer I’ve been on a bit of a GF hiatus. I just opened the app for the first time in a bit… I’m not sure how long. A couple or maybe three months. All my uploads and created files are missing from the dashboard.

This is not too much of a problem for me, as I’ve done almost all my work outside the app. I did, however, adjust almost everything in it.

Are my files simply missing and I need to contact support about this directly, or…
Is this normal? Do I need to adjust everything and save it on my computer before I upload…

Looking at some of the similar topics to the right, I gather I’m not alone.

Premium subscribers get unlimited design storage. Regular Glowforge owners not enrolled in the premium subscription do not have unlimited storage, but have the ability to export their designs. This could be what happened to your designs, or there could be a glitch in your interface.

3 Likes

Ah, I see. Thanks!

I’m not a premium subscriber. I just assumed we had some storage. I’d only uploaded a dozen or so things. I’m glad to know that.

I don’t have premium, but if I recall, your files ore only kept for 30 days unless you use them.

2 Likes

FYI, posting in this section is contacting support directly. You can also do so by sending an email - but you should do one or the other and not both :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Also, good to know :slight_smile:

1 Like

I remember seeing a notification on some of the files I had not used in a while. It says that those files will soon be archived. I think they archive after being inactive for a particular period of time.

Thanks for the answers, everyone! Indeed, if you are not a Glowforge Premium subscriber, any files that are unopened for 30 days are removed from your Dashboard. I’m going to close this thread - if you have other questions, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for reaching out!