Already tried setup again

I have gone back to the initial set up and I still cannot connect to the new wifi.

Hi,
Each time you post a new topic, it creates a new ticket, and lengthens the time it takes for P&S team to consolidate your issues and respond.

So be sure your network is set up for dedicated 2.4gHz that your GF will connect to.

You should be able to create a 5gHz for other devices to connect to, but your GF cannot work on 5gHz or with “band steering”. (if you have Xfinity, they are pushing that hard–you may have to call tech support, but they will change it back).

1 Like

and if that is the case with my new internet service and it won’t connect what do I do next?

It’s not really about your Internet service, it’s about your WiFi. You might need to get them to help you set that up, if they didn’t.

so I would need to contact my internet provider?
Sorry this is new to me.

Call their Tech support–when I got an updated router w/ Xfinity earlier this year, they pushed for the band steering, though the actual Tech thought it was stupid. I called as was able to have them change me back to allow me to select the band width when I set up my networks–one for 2.4 for the GF, and 5 for other stuff.

Ok I will contact them in the morning. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

I’ve already followed up on your email but I wanted to follow up with you here as well. I’m glad to hear that you’re back up and printing! I’m going to close this thread but if you have any additional problems, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread or send us an email at support@glowforge.com