Always winter but never Christmas

I made a few Lion Witch and the wardrobe themed gifts for a friend of mine for a literary gift exchange. I got the idea in my head for an actual wardrobe and couldn’t let it go. So Here it is. Along with a Tumnus bookmark.

83 Likes

Magical in the dark! Great flourishes on the wardrobe as well.

6 Likes

Ahhhhh-mazing!!! Love it!

6 Likes

That is amazing!

4 Likes

Thanks guys. It’s one that I felt quite proud of after. It’s so fun to me to start with a blank screen and then be able to make some thing like this. I also just got a little glass and ceramics kiln and I want to start implementing both mediums into some of my designs!

7 Likes

Not that it’s terribly important, but what software is your go-to?

3 Likes

inkscape

3 Likes

Marvelous :star_struck:
I count 11 layers…? Card stock I presume?

How about a pic of the one in the background on the window ledge.
With the practice you’ve had, did you discover a minimum separation between layers?

4 Likes

I love it! I read the whole series to my children as bedtime stories. They would fall asleep and I’d keep reading. The next night, I’d say, “Oh, you are going to love what happens next!”

5 Likes

Lightboxes have become one of my favorite new things to make. I used 100lb white paper. I’ve been using different thicknesses in the frames to create different depths which in turn changes the casting of the light. They’re a ton of fun to make!

4 Likes

You’ve gotten quite good at it. the Narnia theme was a wonderful choice!
Thanks for sharing your triumph. :+1:

4 Likes

We have been reading a ton of Ronald Dahl lately and this series is next for them.

2 Likes

Thanks for the compliment! I suck at taking them. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Really nice design, especially when back lit. :blush:

4 Likes

Love it!!

1 Like

Wonderful before the lights. With the lights, it is beyond beautiful and magical! Thanks so much for the inspiration.

5 Likes

Wow this is absolutely awesome!

4 Likes

The intricate engraving on the door handles is perfection!!

5 Likes

Wow, just wow. Well done!

2 Likes

This took me back to my childhood, when my brother and I would go to the library and check out the Narnia books. We’d draw straws on who would get to read which book first. I think we read the whole series three times, at least.

5 Likes