An error message when I try to upload an design

Hello all of you,

I’m kind of a newbie in the Glowforge world. I bought an SVG file of different Ornament that you can write the name in the middle. The first file i had upload great in the Glowforge Dashboard and i was able to cut it but the problem was that the letter where not unified together so I contacted the seller om his Etsy store and he send me the other Ornament SVG that work perfectly. I was able to "Union’’ and ‘‘Combine’’ the in the Inskape interface.

Now my problem is that when i want to upload them in the GLowforge Dashboard, i, have and Error Message. It say " an error occurred on your Glowforge. Please refresh your browser before printing. It may also help to turn your Glowforge off and then on again"
I did what they ask (refresh, turn on and off). I’m able to print other project. What is the problem? DO any of you had this problem? What was the solution? DO i have to ask someone to test the file for me?

Please help me, i have a lot of order to fulfill

Thank you in advance

Welcom to the forum.
If you are able to print other files, then my guess is that the file is the problem.

3 Likes

I have the same issue from time to time with files I buy online. You should be able to upload them into Inkscape and then upload that file to the glowforge app. If you have trouble then you can post the file here and someone might be able to do the step for you. I certainly don’t mind.

1 Like

Purchased file should not be posted here because the seller is not giving away the file

Thank you the information. What should i do then?

I understand that I cannot post the file here. Is it possible for me to send it to you via email?
I try upload it to glowforge but it doesn’t work

1 Like

You can send it to me. I will see if it loads for me.

Other people DM me it or just the link for the file. I like supporting the design community so I don’t usually mind buying files.

But you really should be able to do this with your own software. It’s really common for files to need you to input them and correct things.

Do you use Inkscape? Or what software am do you use/are familiar with? I find a lot of people the sell files for design space don’t really hold up well with other platforms.

1 Like

Send me you Instagram and i will add you and send it to you by DM.
I use Inkscape

1 Like

I found you

1 Like

Thank to all of you. The files was secure by the seller on my computer so it didn’t work. Now everything is fine

2 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! Glad to hear you were able to fix the issue with your file. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!