An error occurred on your Glowforge. Please refresh your browser before printing. It may also help to turn your Glowforge off and then on again

I cannot use my Glowforge!

An error occurred on your Glowforge. Please refresh your browser before printing. It may also help to turn your Glowforge off and then on again.

I have tried multiple materials and multiple files (Including the Gift of Good Measure). I have tried multiple browsers. I have closed all browsers, restarted my computer, restarted the Glowforge.

When I try to to Autofocus, I get the following Error:

Error

If I try to just print, I get the following:

Either way, I cannot do ANYTHING!

Before you ask, here’s a picture of the bottom of my print head:

In searching through the support forum, there seems to be a LOT of the same issue reported within the past 24 hours.

2 Likes

And at 11:22PM EST, I receive an email stating that there is a New Incident affecting Printing Issues.

I literally checked https://statuspage.glowforge.com/ prior to posting, and all was good. As a matter of fact, it still shows all green (operational)!

Sure there’s a banner at the top of the page, but green and operational? Why use color codes if amber is not an option to show some possible issues?

I am having the same issue. I hope they find a solution ASAP.

1 Like

Still. Happening. 5:48 AM EST

As you see above, they are investigating this issue as of late Tuesday night, so it should be resolved in the next day or two.

1 Like

Still no change. 9:41 AM EST

statuspage.glowforge.com shows no incidents reported today. That’s odd, I see a lot of incidents reported, and the banner at the top of the page would suggest the same.

You would think that since this was noted BY GLOWFORGE at 20:21 PDT (8:21 PM Pacific) and that it’s obviously a server-side issue, there would have been more of an announcement and communication on this matter.

I have orders due today that I cannot even start.

In the next day or two is unacceptable.

I hate to tell you this, but it’ll be fixed when it’s fixed. I have been on the other end of many technical problems in my personal and work life, and in my experience, they get solved by finding what’s wrong and repairing it. I’ve tried just yelling at the broken thing that it’s unacceptable, but with rather limited success.

5 Likes

While I understand this, if nobody reports an issue or frustration, it doesn’t exist. Thanks for your “help”.

You’re welcome. As you pointed out, you received an e-mail notification of the issue, and it’s a banner at the top of the status page, so they’re certainly aware of it now. They haven’t given a timeframe, I think eflyguy is just making a reasonable assumption since past outages have rarely lasted more than a couple of hours, so unless this is extremely serious it’s unlikely it will go on for much longer.

I know the feeling of frustration and I do agree that communication could be better. I shouldn’t make light of that aspect. Some companies give a play-by-play while they’re working on it. Glowforge seems to prefer to say as little as possible. I understand where this comes from – my employer does the same thing. Internally the people working on a problem need to be free to speculate, investigate, and revise what they think they know, but what gets conveyed to customers is filtered through a lot of people and watered down to “we are investigating”. There are many legitimate reasons for that, not least of which is the desire to avoid speculative, overly precise estimates that turn out to be wrong. Still, I wish it were more fine grained.

5 Likes

Yes, I agree, and I thank you for not taking my frustrated snarkiness personally.

3 Likes

Hi, I’ve been having the same issue since yesterday morning and my machine is still not working. Just wondering if anyone else’s has been restored to working order yet?

just tried to print as well and having the same problem as everyone else. Did all the things your usually suppose to do. Guess we all just have to wait since it seems like they are saying its not an issue and just clean you lens and restart. Saddness

They are not saying that at all. Read the thread above or check the status page. They are investigating the issue as of late Tuesday evening.

2 Likes

I am now printing. It’s been working for me for an hour now.

3 Likes

guess I was goin from other posts I read on the same topic…whoops

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this. I’m so sorry for the trouble. We’ve made an update today after investigating the issue. It’s great to hear that you’re now back up and printing!

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.