Ancillary Mode (an escutcheon)

Looking for that app right now!

I didn’t know what was exactly meant by spray tack, I have spray GLUE by 3M (90) but it’s industrial strength and I thought it might look even odder than the dabs (of course I didn’t anticipate the dabs looking as noticeable as they do…)

Just Google “sticky tack spray”… A gentle adhesive is super handy, especially for cutting paper.

Is this the app?

1 Like

I could never get the paper part to cut right. As soon as it cut the outer edge, it would blow away or into the laser.

Yep!

It’s best to use a sticky board for cutting paper, which keeps small bits from flying around. I like Home Depot hardboard for this purpose (1/8" dark brown with a smooth front and rough back).

Take your smooth board cut to a convenient size, lightly spray with sticky tack, and use repeatedly for holding down your paper while cutting. You can use the same board for many jobs, re-spraying as necessary, until it’s just too scarred to continue.

Interesting. I bought some of that to test with but decided it was too dense. I now have a use for it. Thanks for the tip.

I don’t have a sticky board, but I put a magnet in the center of the circle so they wouldn’t blow around.

Also, for the black backing paper, I changed the svg file so the inner cut was a different color- then I ordered it to cut first. I find that ordering inner cuts before outer cuts is nearly always best.

1 Like

I was thinking just a porthole window. With an iris mechanism on the other side (or internal to the door frame).

1 Like

Wow! The Chooser is fantastic! Looks great (and it made me laugh). Yay!

2 Likes

Okay, I love it as is! But, in defense of my comment, I’ll love the new version too. These escutcheons are too fun.

@timjedwards, your project makes me happy. Thank you for posting this!! I love seeing how others have put their own spin on the design.

2 Likes

It’s fun seeing new interpretations, for sure!

1 Like

Wait - whaaaat? Awesome!

2 Likes

This is definitely my favorite escutcheon so far!

3 Likes

OK, this seems to have won the escutcheon wars… That’s freakin awesome.

7 Likes

It’s an integral part of my machine now… To this day I still adjust it to an appropriate setting after hitting the flashing button.

6 Likes

After?!?!? How the hell will the GF know what’s coming if you don’t do it BEFORE!

4 Likes

Of course I’ve modded mine to work dynamically…

5 Likes

You do realize that you’ve nullified your warranty by doing that. :smiley:

6 Likes