Another earring display? Whaaaat?

You may remember my previous share, which was one of the first earring displays I made for my side hustle. I got a lot of good feedback and folks are still posting on that design almost a year later.

I’ve been selling designs in a local shop that had a pretty small merchanding space and I wanted some displays that had the following criteria:

• Smaller form factor
  • Foldable/Breakdown-able (it’s a word now, shhhh)
  • Ample space for branding

I came up with this easy two-piece design that you could easily reproduce on any 1/8" material. The two pieces slot together and can be broken down in seconds. They are also SUPER sturdy if you’re using them outdoors for craft displays. The space in the middle is primo for branding, or you could add an allover design for more zazz.

Let me know what you think, and I’d love to see photos of your finished design! Stay safe out there all.

Earring Display pt2 Earring display pt1

95 Likes

Generous of you to share—thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you.

My “free earrings” have migrated to a couple of doctor’s offices now and this will be nicer than the modified version of your other stand that I was using :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. Gives me ideas for displaying necklace/earring sets.

2 Likes

Thanks for the file. I think this version will work for lots of different folks. I like how easy it is to transport.

2 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

It’s great! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Awesome, thank you! And gorgeous earrings also!!!

1 Like

Are you using Inkscape to design this? I’m sorry I’m a complete newbie to all this. I’m still trying to google and learn what “kerf” is :crazy_face:
thanks again for sharing your super awesome earrings and file!!

Hi, does it matter if I use acrylic or wood for this file? I guess really what I should ask is does it matter about the thickness of the material (1/8” or 1/4”)? Sorry I’m still trying to learn the jargon here as I’ve only had my Glowforge for about a week. Cut paths, file types, vector, etc.

As @MegaMeg noted, you should be good with any of the acrylic or plywood materials that are 1/8 thickness.

You would have to modify the file (the slots) if you wanted to use a thicker piece of material.

1 Like

Thank you, appreciate your help.

1 Like

Beautiful! do you make your cards you put your earrings on too? on the glowforge?

Yep! I use chipboard :slight_smile:

Where is the SVG? Sorry new?

The file is in the original post. It is the red outline at the end of the post. Right click and save as svg.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I can’t right click on my Mac. Any idea how to save your file?

I don’t use a Mac, but if it is a touch screen , just use a looong press to do a right click. Hope that will help.

No touch screen on my MacBook Air. I’ve tried everything. I’ll google and see what I can find out. Thanks though!..UPDATE. I found the answer pretty quickly. Control and click on mouse pad. That worked!

2 Likes