Another gift card holder

You can get 0.3x0.1" at HomeDepot in a pinch, but I mostly use 1/4x1/16" from Amazon which are $7/100.

3 Likes

hi! I absolutely love this and I really want to try it but I am not seeing where to download it. Would someone mind helping me out with that? tia

Right click on the design, select Saveā€¦

3 Likes

Right click on the image in the first post, and do ā€œSave asā€. It should save as an SVG file.

thanks so much!

1 Like

Magnets I can find ( I am using those from HD you pointed to) finding the metal disks under the 1/4" thick material size is the problem. square or strip would do.

When I havenā€™t used two magnets, I just use washers.

1 Like

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Love your file and wanting to make. Super new to glowforge. Do I import your svg directly into glow forge and use as is, or do i import into editing software and attach layers etc. I also noticed you have two extra living hinge files thats imported into the file. Are those just for changing size? Sorry Iā€™ve tried googling and not finding out what I need to do. Thanks so much!

Hi there! I did not notice the two extra hinges, they must be left over from testing it out. You can delete them. Whether you load the file directly or use an editor to modify it is completely up to you! You can do some things in the GF interface, but if you wanted to add something to engrave on it you might want to do that in Inkscape or whatever you use, because itā€™s easier to align things there.

Thank you so much for your quick response! I look forward to making your design.

1 Like

Thanks for posting :slight_smile:

1 Like

I resized your file a bit smaller (i was gifting money). Your file turned out awesome! I didnā€™t have a magnet, so used a brad glued to the inside (which worked great for closing), but left inside space limited. So next time I would etch away around the hole for the brad so it was countersunk, so it wouldnā€™t obstruct the money. But just wanted to thank you again for the file!

15 Likes

Thatā€™s a good idea! Iā€™m so glad it worked out, looks awesome!

4 Likes

This is so cute. Thank you so much for this. I made an envelope purse on the forge for a birthday gift. I will include this piece. It will be a small wallet for ID.

2 Likes

Hiii this is so cool. How do I make this setting to do the pockets in the wood?

And what material would work best for something lie this?

I donā€™t know hat I would do without this community

1 Like

You mean for the magnets? I think I just used proofgrade SD engrave settings, and proofgrade maple plywood for mine.

2 Likes

I love this! Thanks so much for sharing! My sonā€™s birthday is coming up ~ this will be perfect. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I donā€™t have any proofgrade maple available, what other wood source do you think I could use? I am super new to this, but saw it in the Facebook group and want to try it tomorrow:)

1 Like

I am not the best person to answer that. I would think anything would be okay, but Iā€™m not sure how the living hinge does with plywood vs hardwood. Maybe just experiment with the hinge on a scrap if you can.